Freya, Goddess of Love*

Kathryn's POV. Present time.

I blinked slowly, opening my eyes. I couldn't hear very well, but I could see. I was in Thor's strong arms as he carried me gently through the helicarrier. Where was he taking me? To the infirmary, I presumed. His arms were encased in their usual chain mail, and his hands were on my clothes, so he was not touching me at all.

Touch his face, Slanthis ordered. Thank him for what he is doing. Say the word "enter" as you do so. I need to claim him as my own.

"Thanks for helping me, Thor," I smiled, touching a hand to the skin of Thor's face. "Lontrail," I whispered in perfect Norwegian. Instantly, his demeanor changed and his eyes became (if possible) even bluer.

"Where are you taking us?" I asked.

"To my room. We need to talk," he said.

"About what?" I asked.

"Certain events," he replied.

Once we got there, he set me down on the bed and began to pace about the room in a huff. "It was you and Jacob all along," he growled. "You two are the ones who are spreading the touch. And now I'm affected. I know everything. Who you are and what you've done. It didn't dawn on me until now, but I think I have this all figured out. Loki mentioned once that you were a half blood. Half human and... half god."

"I don't follow," I said, getting up and walking to Thor until I was only a few feet from him.

"Your mother was Freya, goddess of love and sexuality," Thor said. "It all fits. Until the events in New Mexico, Earth didn't have a representative in the Ambassadorial Assembly. It was Phil Coulson who originally discovered Asgard, and that's how he met Freya. His division of Project Pegasus summoned her to Earth. To get close to him, she pretended to be a cellist from Portland, Oregon who was directing an orchestra in Taos, New Mexico. The two fell in love. When Odin heard she had gone to Earth, he had her summoned back to Asgard, but not before she conceived and became pregnant by Phil. Phil never knew about you. When Odin found out she was carrying a mortal child, he stripped her of her powers, changed her appearance so she would appear to look like a Kifo Matoaji, and cast her into slavery. That's why Laufey let you live. He was curious about how a half mortal, half god would become. When your mother died, you inherited her powers and became the goddess of love. That is why everyone on this floating ship has fallen madly in love with you. Jacob, Loki..." his voice trailed off.

Ask him if there were more, Slanthis ordered.

"Were there more?" I asked.

"Me," Thor admitted, looking at his feet. "I fear I have fallen in love with you as well."

Well, I didn't see that coming. My eyes went wide with shock. "Thor!" I yelled. "Shame on you! You have Jane! What's going to become of her!"

"I still love Jane," Thor admitted. "Only I love you as well. I would be extremely sad to lose either of you."

This was an unexpected turn of events. "Wait... You love two people too?"

Thor nodded and looked at his feet. "It is not something I am proud to admit. I love Jane with all my heart, but when I see you, the whole world just vanishes. I know I almost killed you all those years ago, but you are in my very blood. I see your purple eyes everywhere I go, my beautiful Freya. And I-"

"Smekk ut av det!" (Snap out of it!) I yelled. "Look at me! It's just my master!"

Thor blinked his eyes and shook his head. "Milde himmel," (Good heavens) Thor said. It was the first time I'd ever heard him speak Norwegian. "What was that? What happened to me?" he asked. "Was it..."

"My master," I sighed. "He made me take you under his control."

"But how are you fighting it? Why did he allow you to take the curse off me?"

"I can answer that," said a voice from the other room. Thor's room was divided into two sections. The first, the one we had come in to first, was a living area. Striding in from the other room, which I presumed was the bedroom, dressed in full Asgardian battle gear, helmet and everything, was Loki.

"Why did you not take me with you to see Jacob?" he asked, taking me into his arms and kissing my head. "I could have protected you just as I did a moment ago with my cloaking spell. Do not forget I am a master of magic and I can temporarily throw off mind spells and prevent them from taking hold."

"I'm sorry, Loki," I whispered.

"How could you?" he whispered. "You trust The Hawk more than me."

"It's not true," I protested. "Please, Loki."

Thor cleared his throat. "Could you two go argue elsewhere? I need to borrow a phone and call Jane."

"Don't you have an iPhone 5?" I asked.

"I smashed it," he said looking guiltily at his feet. "Beklager," he said. "I'm sorry."

Grinning, I broke away from Loki and planted a kiss on Thor's cheek. "It's ok. Now please excuse me and Loki. We have a lot to talk about." I wound my fingers through Loki's and pulled him out the door and down the hall to our room. Once there, I allowed him to sit on our bed while I paced around the room.

"Something on your mind?" Loki asked. I sighed, my back to him as tears spilled over my eyelashes. Shit had hit the fan. It was time to come clean. "Are you about to tell me why you went to visit Jacob without telling me?" Loki asked.

"Yes," I whispered, water streaming silently down my face. "I slept with Jacob." My voice broke and I began to sob uncontrollably.

"You did...what?" Loki asked.

"I... I slept with Jacob. But I was drunk! Please don't hold this against me!"

When I turned around, Loki was standing up with a murderous expression on his face. "I don't believe you!" He shouted, his face bright red and veins popping from his forehead. "I used to think that I was the monster, but now I see that it is you, you stupid slut! Get out of my sight and don't bother speaking to me ever again!" He threw his head in his hands and fell to his knees, sobbing brokenheartedly.

"Loki," I whispered as the flow of tears in my eyes increased as well.

"Go away," he moaned. "Just get out of my sight, you piece of filth. I am obviously not good enough for the goddess of love."

I walked blindly out of the door. There was only one place I could go, since her and Clint had probably heard everything. Natasha's.

******************************************************************************************************

Okay. Couple things. First off, I decided that Loki will not die in this book. I have decided Jacob's fate as well, but I won't tell anyone. MWAHAHAHA!!!!!

Second, I posted the prologue to book two in my book of extra parts and sneak peeks. This is usually available only to fans, but this recent installment is available TO EVERYONE!!!!! The title of book two is official as well. It will be called Antigone and center around Phase 2 of the Marvel cinematic universe, although some comic-only Easter eggs exist, such as Patsy Baxter as the Hellcat, who was a temporary member of The Avengers in the comic books.

Third, to my comic book readers, I now own both Thor 2 prelude comics (MWAHAHAHAHA!!!), Hawkeye #1 (2012 series) and Wolverine #66. Anyone know any other good comics? I'm new to the whole comic book thing, so any suggestions on what to read would help. It can be Marvel or DC. Whatever you like best.

Comments? Thoughts? Leave them below.