Chapter 18 ~ Kelly saves the day

Ana's P.O.V

"I don't know about this Kel!" I groaned tossing myself onto my bed.

"Don't know about what Hun?"

"If I want to go to the spring dance or not!" I rolled my eyes like it should be obvious.

Yep the spring dance was this weekend. It had been a week since Jake had asked me out and I had to say I was having a blast. He understood me and was such a sweet guy and it didn't hurt that he was hot as hell! Anyway the dance was this weekend they had it every year a few weeks after we come back from Christmas break, it was a tradition. I mean they even had a Spring King and Queen and everything.

"What do you mean you don't know if you're going!?" she screeched breaking me out of my thoughts.

"I just don't know if it's worth it..."

"But we made a pact that we would actually go this year, and I've been working on our dresses for forever!" she cried smacking me on the shoulder with her magazine.

"I know but Jake can't go because he has school that day, and you know Valerie is going to do something to me the minute I show up since she hasn't done anything to me lately, and I don't know I don't belong there Kelly."

"Oh shut it! You and me are going to have a blast just the two of us and maybe Matt if he decides to tear his attention away from his date. But either way you are going to that dance even if I have to drag you there!" she only half threatened.

I groaned pushing my hands into my face, "Alright fine!"

"Good. Now let's finish this homework that was supposed to be done like a week ago." She giggled as she literally pushed me off the bed.

"Why am I friends with such a violent person like you?" I groaned lifting myself off the floor.

"Because you love me and you know it." She laughed again.

"Yeah, yeah..."

"Love you too!" she cooed.

-------

"So are you going to the dance tonight?" Zack asked me while we were studying in my room. Yeah I don't know how he convinced me to do it either.

"I was thinking about not going but then Kelly kind of threatened to drag me there against my will if I didn't." I chuckled dryly.

"Well Kelly sounds like she has a wonderful power of persuasion." He smiled one of those heart stopping smiles he only reserves for those magazine covers he appears on. I even felt a little flutter in my stomach at the sight of it but nothing heart stopping. Still they were there.

"Of course."

"What's your dress look like?"

"I don't know actually Kelly made it for me."

"Well is Jake going with you?"

I sighed dejectedly, "No actually, he has school to go to."

"Oh...well you know I could always..." he started but was interrupted by a booming voice coming up the stairs. What on earth did he want?

"ANNABELLE!" he screamed entering the room, "Come out here now!"

"Yes sir." I smiled as sweetly as I could muster following his order as he slammed the door behind me. I had to be on my best behavior if I wanted to actually go tonight or else he'll ground me or something. He never did like me going out unless it was to the diner or school.