Chapter 9 ~ Sightseeing With Mr. Hollywood

Finally we were where I wanted to be, “Alright we’re here!”

“Which is where exactly?” Ana asked looking around.

“Rodeo Drive! One of the most famous shopping centers in the country.” I explained. How could she not know about this place?

“You’re taking me shopping?”

“Umm yeah why not. Whatever you want I’m buying.”

“Isn’t this something you should be doing with your girlfriend?”

“Well yeah but she’s not here right now and I owe you so again whatever you want I’ll buy.” I offered again.

I thought I saw her give a look of disgust but it was only for a second before all that was on her face was a grateful smile, “Alright thank you Zack.”

I almost looked at her like she was crazy but I restrained. I mean what girl doesn’t like shopping? Still I shook it off, “No problem Ana.” I said getting out of the car with her following right behind.

Taking her by the hand I dragged her over to one of my favorite shops, Rodeo Collection. The people there were nice and they always had great stuff.

“Oh Zack, back again are we?”

“You know I can’t resist buying your clothes Chloe.” I smiled warmly giving her a quick hug.

“So what can I do for you today handsome?”

“I need to get this girl a few new outfits.” I said pushing Ana in front of me presenting her to Chloe. Ana looked a little out of her element but she would get over it.

Chloe circled Ana like she was studying her. I don’t know why she did it but she did and I never questioned it, “Piece of cake. Zack sit there,” she ordered pointing to the chair in front of the changing rooms before her eyes set on Ana, “You can come with me.”

And with that they were gone running around the store. So I just sat down and waited playing Fruit Ninja on my phone. It felt like forever before I heard Chloe’s voice in front of me.

“Zack put down your phone and look at my handiwork!” she barked grabbing my phone out of my hands and tossing it into the chair next to me, “Come on out Sweetie!” she called to the dressing room in front of me.

“Yeah come on Ana! I kind of want to know what I’m paying for here!” I joked but I guess I said the wrong thing because it earned me a slap to the back of the head by Chloe.

“No, I know what it looks like that should be enough.” She said from behind the curtain.

Chloe rolled her eyes storming over to the dressing room then yanking the curtains aside and forcing Ana out of it so we could see her. When Chloe finally got her to uncross her arms and let me actually see her I swear my breath caught in my throat.

She wasn’t wearing anything flashy but I think that was the reason she looked so good. All it was, was a little white dress with a blue fade at the end that stopped mid-thigh and swopped down in the back, making it flattering instead of all slutty. It fit every curve in the right places, and hugged her waist showing off how tiny it was. She didn’t look like the little girl with the rather baggy clothes and nerdy glasses. She grew up and I didn’t think I liked it but I couldn’t deny it she looked….beautiful, like surpassing a model beautiful, and I couldn’t help but stare soundlessly.

“Well come on say something Zack!” Ana demanded starting to hide again and pulling down on the dress like that would magically make it longer.