Chapter 23 ~ Attack of the FanGirl

"Seriously he said that to you?" Kelly said with a raised eyebrow in disgust.

I nodded digging my hand into the bowl of popcorn that was sitting between us, "Yeah, Zack said he likes me and wants me to be with him instead of Jake."

"And you told Jake all of this?"

Again I nodded, "Yeah..."

"Well what did he say when you told him?"

"He told me that whatever decision I made no matter what he would still love me."

It took her a second but after my confession I swear Kelly's eyes widened to be about twice as big. Now whether that was out of shock or excitement I didn't know; knowing Kelly though it was probably shock.

"Oh my God!" she squealed, "He said he loved you!" she squealed even louder while she grabbed onto my arm and pretty much shook my entire body as if I was nothing but a rag doll.

Well I guess I was wrong about the shock, "Oh my god your first real love! I'm so happy for you Ana!"

"Umm thanks." I chuckled after she was finally done shaking me.

Kelly looked like she was about to blurt out something but right before she did she shut up and gave me a concerned look, "What are you going to do about Zack then?"

I ran my fingers through my hair, "I don't know Kel. I mean I love Jake but Zack is just so...." I trailed off trying to come up with the right word for what Zack was to me.

"Familiar?" Kelly finished for me, and the minute she said the word I knew it fit, so I nodded. She sighed, "Look I know that Zack is your friend and all but answer me honestly do you trust him to respect your relationship with Jake?"

That was a good question. Did I trust Zack?

I mean yeah he was my friend but Jake and him never got along, in fact they hated each other. I never got in between them because I thought it was just something they could get through themselves. Plus Zack was the kind of person that when he wants something he is relentless in getting it. So if Zack likes me and if Jake, the guy he literally hates, is in the way then I could see Zack doing just about anything to get in the way of Jake and I.

Maybe because he is my friend he'll respect me enough not to do that, but sadly I wasn't sure, "I'm not sure Kelly." I admitted.

She gave me a sad smile in return, "Then if you're not one hundred percent sure that Zack will respect your relationship then you should either talk to him and set up boundaries or stay as far away from him as possible."

I groaned at those options, "I don't want to do either of those Kelly."

"I know you don't Ana but if I know anything about Zack it's that he'll do and say whatever it takes to get what he wants and right now..." she trailed off to let me finish her sentence.

"And right now he wants me."

I sighed, knowing she was right about all of this. As much as it was going to suck I had to talk to that stupid donkey hat.

"I told Jake about what happened." I said to Zack later that night, who was currently sitting on his window bench actually doing homework for once, shocking I know.

The minute he heard my voice he stopped what he was doing and looked over at me, "What did you just say?"

I rolled my eyes, "I told Jake about what happened Zack, he wasn't happy."

"Well no shit he wasn't happy! Why in the hell would you tell him about that Bella?"

"I don't know maybe because he deserved to know." I said pointedly, my eyes narrowing at him.