Chapter 40 ~ I need you

Zack's POV

Man I was worried about Bella.

I haven't seen or talked to her in days, not at school or at her house. I even checked at the diner when I knew she would be working but all I got was a rude remark from Rachel before she literally kicked me out the door. I mean the only place I haven't checked with is her friends but for some reason they've been ignoring me, but I'm gonna change that right now.

So after knocking on the door and hearing a come in I immediately walked into the kitchen to talk to Jake, yeah I hate having to rely on him but he might know where Bella is.

"What are you doing here Superstar?" he sneered the second I walked through the door, using more sneer than usual actually.

"Trying to find Bella; I haven't seen her in a few days and was wondering if you knew where she is."

"I do but I'm not telling you."

"Why not exactly?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"Because she doesn't want you around anymore so I'm honoring her wishes." He said simply.

What? Why would she not want to see me, "Why doesn't she want to see me?"

He just scoffed while rolling his eyes and I was really not appreciating his attitude, "You really don't know what you did..."

"No I don't." I growled.

"You hurt her, no, more like you broke her again you asshole! Worst part was, was that you had her actually believing you wouldn't ever do that again but here you go hurting her worse than last time."

"What on earth did I do!?" I mean I thought of everything I've done with her in the past few days and nothings come up. Yeah she was stressed about her audition but that's over with now, she should want to spend time with me now, not avoid me.

All Jake did as a reply is another scoff, "Where is she so I can talk to her?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"She's not here." He stated bluntly as he continued to glare at me.

"Well no freaking duh she's not here where is she right now? At the mall, Kelly's house, the dance hall, where?"

Before he could answer a girl looking to be in her early 20's came walking through the door in Bella's uniform. Did David finally stop using his own step-daughter as his freaking slave or something?

"Hey Jake I'm done with the living room where else am I supposed to clean?"

"The bathrooms need to be done." He deadpanned.

"Okay." The girl smiled and then her eyes landed on me and her smile widened even more. It was obvious she recognized me, "Hello my name's Catherine the new live in maid." She purred extending her hand out to me.

"Hi. Zack." I answered shaking her hand.

"Oh I know. I heard your room is right next to my window." She answered huskily as she looked me up and down. I would have been flattered because she was a really pretty girl, but all I focused on was the words in her sentence. I mean the room across from me was Bella's room not her. Why on earth would she say that was her room?

"I'm sorry but I thought that was Ana's room..."

"Oh the last maid I heard quit and moved out because she couldn't handle the work, such a shame really. But anyway, hopefully I can handle the workload." She smiled before picking up her stuff and walking out to go clean something.