Chapter 37 ~ You'll See

Ana's POV

I stood there in complete shock after watching Zack walk away from me and out of the auditorium. I mean I knew what I was asking him to do was hard but I never could have imagined he would get this upset and angry over it! To me his whole reaction was over exaggerated and completely uncalled for. Plus to just walk out like a two year old throwing a fit just because he didn't get the answer he wanted from me is just so immature that just thinking about it is driving me up the wall!

So after pacing back and forth for who knows how long thinking about this whole situation I decided to call Kelly to get her opinion on everything. Surely she would be able to help me see things in a way I'm clearly not getting.

A few rings later and she was picking up the phone and saying, "Hello Ana?"

"Hey Kelly."

"Hey...umm not to be rude or anything but why are you calling me aren't you and Zack supposed to be practicing right now?"

I shook my head even though I knew she couldn't see me, "We ended early on the account of us getting in a fight and him storming out of here."

"He what!?" she asked completely shocked, "Why in the hell would he do that?"

"Well as I said before we had a fight."

"About what?"

I sighed and then started in on the whole fight, what it was about, him asking me for an hour of my time, my reaction and reasons of why I couldn't, his reaction and him storming out, the whole fight play by play essentially.

By the time I was done my anger levels had risen again and I was out of breath. Now I expected Kelly to start yelling and start complaining about Zack but to my surprise she was actually silent. After waiting for a few minutes with no reply I said, "Hello Kel? You still with me?"

"Of course I'm still here Ana."

"So then what's your whole take on this?" I asked nervously, because this was Kelly and I never knew what she was going to say.

"Well don't hate me for saying this Ana but I think Zack is right on this one."

I think I went into shock! Did I seriously just hear the words Zack is right come out of my best friends mouth, "You're serious..."

I swear I could hear her eyes roll through the phone, "Alight yeah I know I'm not the biggest fan of Zack's, well actually I pretty much want to slowly kill him with a spork, but he's actually right here Ana."

"How on earth is he right?"

This time Kelly sighed, "Because you asked him to take a step back, which he did, but you completely shut him out hun; I'm sure when he agreed to this whole sabbatical he wasn't expecting to not be able to hold his girlfriend or only give you pecks on the cheek. He got fed up, like any normal person would, and asked for only one hour of your time. Trust me babe just one hour is not going to screw up your dancing; you are far too talented for that.

"I mean I see your side too. You think if you spend more than 5 minutes with him you'll completely forget about dancing and only ever spend your time with him; but sweetie you have to see that, that train of thought is kind of a little crazy and completely unfair to him."

"But-" I started before she cut me off.

"Sweetie think of it this way. If he had to do a movie for two weeks and he asked you if you could take a step back so he could focus solely on that, but then he barely even paid any physical attention to you during that time how would that make you feel?"