Chapter 2 ~ Greatest Day Ever....Not!

Unfortunately Matt and Kelly did not share my first class; which really sucked since after the first 10 minutes he walked through the door with that stupid smirk on his face.

“Sorry I’m late Mrs. Hastings but it took a lot longer to get my schedule than I thought.” He said giving our teacher the 1,000 watt smile that I have seen on almost every billboard, and heard a hundred girls talk about.

Our teacher looked at him and I swear I saw her swoon just a little bit. I rolled my eyes, great even our teacher adores him, “That’s fine Mr. Damon. You can take the seat next to Ms. Kade over there.”

Oh crap he’s going to sit next to me. I didn’t want him near me; he might be carrying some disease from kissing Valerie or something. I looked up at him and I swear I saw his smile slip a little bit before it went back to that golden boy one, “Great.” He nodded and took his seat right next to mine.

Our teacher then smiled and turned back to continue teaching our class, “Great I get to sit next to the nerd.” I heard him whisper under his breath.

Yeah I was the nerd the laughing stalk of the school, the target in which everyone likes to take shots at, the girl in the terrible clothes and the big thick glasses. Yeah I no longer wore my baggy clothes and I have contacts instead of my glasses but it still didn’t change their insults. I expected it from everyone but him, he used to protect me from those people and those harsh words. But as I said before he was no longer my Zacky and that hurt more than anything. Especially now that he is one of them, he joined the group of people that make it their goal to make my life miserable.

No, don’t let him affect you! You hate him, he is a jerk and a terrible person! Do not let him see you cry.

“Hi to you to Zackary.”       

“Oh I’m sorry were you talking to me?”

I didn’t answer him, “What no answer? Have nothing to say?”

Oh I had plenty to say to him I was just not going to say it here or maybe ever. So I remained silent, “Yeah that’s what I thought, you’re such a loser.”

I nodded biting my lip so my tears wouldn’t fall. I couldn’t let him see me like that I couldn’t, “I’m so glad I dumped you as a friend.”

How could he say that!? How can he throw away all of those years that we were friends just like that with no emotion what’s so ever! I know I hate him and he hates me but I would never throw away the years we did have together. I choked down my sob grabbing my things and running out of that classroom as fast as I could. Not caring about the stares or Mrs. Hastings yelling at me to get back in her classroom. All I cared about was getting to the nearest bathroom to cry my eyes out.

I sat in that stall for what felt like hours before I heard the door creak open, “Dang it Ana we were worried sick!” Kelly screamed at me entering my stall.

“I can’t do it Kelly I can’t!”

“What did he do to you Ana?”

I shook my head. I didn’t want to relive it again, “No, I can’t!”

“Alright that’s it I’m getting Matt and we’re getting you out of here. How does that sound?”

I sniffled whipping away my tears, “Yes please.”

She nodded getting on her phone and calling up her brother a few minutes went by and he came crashing through the bathroom door, “What happened?” he demanded.

“Zack was a jerk and did something to her.”

Matt nodded in understanding grabbing onto my shoulders, “Alright we’ll get you out of here and go get some ice cream then watch your favorite movies at ours until you have to go to work. How does that sound?”