Chapter 4 ~ The Hits Just Keep On Coming

Annabelle’s P.O.V

“Are you sure you’re okay to go to school?” Kelly asked for like the 10th time since we walked into school.

“And for the 1,000th time Kel yes I’m fine.” I reassured turning around and talking to them while walking backwards.

“Well I think I’m allowed to double check since yesterday you said you were fine and then had a breakdown in the bathroom.”

“Now that wouldn’t have happened if it hadn’t been for Zack and you know it.” I pointed out.

“That’s our point Ana he’s always going to be there making fun of you. So either you ignore it or start fighting back because you can’t keep doing the whole running into the bathroom when he makes an insulting comment.” Matt chided.

“Who’s side are you guys on anyway?”

“Yours Hun but we’re just saying we don’t want to see you crying all year.” Kelly admitted.

“Look if I can handle these people’s taunts and insults everyday then I can handle him doing it to.”

“Are you sure?”

“Kel I accepted last night that he was going to act like the people who he used to protect me from. I just have to think of him as that Jerk I can defend myself against and not as my childhood friend. If I do that I won’t cry when he insults me.”

“Alright if you’re sure you can handle it.”

“I promise I can.” I smiled that was until I was making a very fast trip to the ground before a pair of strong arms saved my face from hitting tile floors.

“Well I thought you would fall for me eventually.” A very familiar voice chuckled, “Just didn’t think it would be so soon.”

Well if I wanted to see if I could handle his insults now was as good as time as any to test it out, “In your dreams Zackary!” I rolled my eyes standing myself up and out of his grip.

“No loser in your dreams because that’s the only place where I’ll actually even tolerate you.”

“Hmm no I think it’s the other way around Superstar!” I sneered. Then his face went from smiling and cocky to dark in an instant.

“Do you need any help with him Ana?” Matt growled, sizing up Zack.

“No it’s fine Matt. Go ahead and go to class I’ll catch up with you.”

They both nodded leaving me alone with him, “Don’t call me Superstar Ana….”

Finally something I can use, “But that is what you are right? The fabulous Superstar and Hollywood’s new golden boy. I’m just calling you what you are…oh wait my fault what you are is a giant jackass!”

“And you’re a giant loser!” He spat right back at me.

“At least I have real friends unlike you!”

“Oh that’s such a burn! Your three little friends compared to the entire world being my friend!”  

“Once again at least mine are real unlike your plaster wannabe friends who just follow you around because you’re a star.”

“I have plenty of real friend’s thank you!” He retorted.

“Oh yeah name one!”

He paused. Ha I finally got him that was until stupid Valerie decided to walk over to him at that exact moment, “Hey baby!” she smiled wrapping her snake like arms around him and giving him a very long kiss on the lips.