Chapter 24 ~ Witnessing a Miracle

The days went by and Zack's circus continued on, you would think after the first two days all the girls in town would have come out of the woodwork by then to get their shot but they just kept on coming and coming. It was crazy to say the least.

But today was my pre audition to get a shot to audition before the Julliard admissions board. This was one of the biggest moments of my life and I was so nervous but everyone was coming to support me and that made me feel a little bit better.

I just hoped that Jake showed up.

Ever since I told him about Zack's little stunt he's gotten really busy with school lately so he's had to cancel a lot of things we had planned last minute. It was frustrating but I understood for the most part. But right now I couldn't worry about that, right now I had to focus. Besides this was Jake we were talking about I'm sure he would come through.

"Hey." A voice said behind me.

I turned, hoping it was Jake but instead found Zack, "Oh hey Zack." I replied sadly.

"Wow, that's some excitement you got there Bella." He joked but I didn't laugh, "Okay what's wrong Bella?" he asked, concern all over his face.

I could have lied to him and said it was all nerves but that wouldn't help me right now, "I was just hoping to see Jake before I went on."

His jaw tightened at the mention of Jake but his voice was soothing and reassuring when he said, "Well I'm sure he would if he could but they got this area blocked off for the auditions."

I quirked my eyebrow curiously at him, "So then how are you back here?"

He just smirked his patented smirk, "I used my amazing charm of course."

I rolled my eyes playfully at him, "Yeah, alright. How did you really get back here Zack?"

He sighed in mock defeat, "Fine I used my name and they let me in. Being famous allows me some perks you know."

"So you came all the way back here to talk to me?"

"Of course." He admitted bluntly, which kind of had me staring up at him in shock, "Look you might not like me all that much right with the whole finding the spring dance girl and me acting like an arrogant ass all the time but I'm gonna be here to support you Bella. No matter what."

I couldn't help it my heart melted a little bit at his statement. I opened my mouth to say how nice of him that was but before I could my name was called for the five minute warning. My mind immediately went into panic mode.

"Oh God, Oh God! I'm gonna fail, I'm gonna fall flat on my face in front of everybody!"

"Hey." Zack's soothing voice said as he grabbed onto my shoulders, "Hey look at me." He ordered calmly.

When my eyes managed to look into his an immediate sense of calm washed over me with his bright blue eyes shining with confidence and pride I felt like I do anything. If I didn't feel confident I'm glad somebody was.

"You'll do great Bella."

I opened my mouth to protest but he didn't give me the chance, "Don't even think of contradicting me Bella. You are one of the best dancers I've seen in a long time. Just don't think and you'll blow their minds so much with how amazing you are that they'd be idiots not to let you on to the next round of auditions."

Once again my heart melted at his words, he really did believe in me, "Thanks Zack."

He just smiled sweetly at me, "You're welcome. Now go out there and knock their socks off." He said giving me a gentle push to the stage, "And don't worry me and your friends will be right there in that audience cheering you on." And with that bit of encouragement he walked back the way he came.