Chapter 29 ~ Coming Clean

Alright so now that I had the proof I just needed to tell Zack, the only problem with that is that Izzy is constantly hanging around him! How on earth am I supposed to talk to him alone if she is always clinging to him like a baby monkey; it was a little unsettling actually at how much time they spend together. But still I can't give up, I have to fight for what I want just like Jake said.

At this point though it's not just about me being with Zack, because like Valerie said I don't fit the bill in terms of what he needs in a girl, it's about getting him away from Izzy who is a liar and is helping Valerie use him in order to get to me.

So I had to talk to him as soon as possible as far as I was concerned, because I didn't want Izzy to get more control over him than she already has. I mean I swear Zack looks at her like she walks on water, in all the time that I've known him he has never acted like this. Now I didn't want to ruin his happiness, I really didn't, but Zack has to know the truth about Izzy. The only problem is that I'm way too nervous to tell him.

"This whole Zack thing must be really stressing you out." I suddenly heard Jake say in front of me.

"How can you tell?" I asked sarcastically, holding up the crumpled up napkin I was currently wringing the life out of.

Jake chuckled, "Just a lucky guess I suppose." He joked lightheartedly.

"Yeah well your lucky guess isn't so far off." I sighed, throwing the napkin away, "I mean I have semi good proof on Izzy but I don't know how I'm gonna tell him that his girlfriend is a liar."

"That's easy just go up to him later after dinner and tell him."

I sighed again, "Easier said than done Jake."

He looked at me confused, "Why is it so hard for you to tell him?"

"Because I'm afraid he won't believe me plus my nerves are freaking me out even more."

"Look Ana if he doesn't believe you, his supposed friend over his little over a week long girlfriend, then he obviously doesn't care about you as much as you thought he did."

I opened my mouth to defend Zack but Jake was right if Zack didn't believe me, his supposed friend, then maybe he doesn't like me or care about me as much as I thought he did. If that's the case then maybe I was wrong when we went on that hot air balloon ride together, maybe I didn't really have my true Zacky back. But I would never know unless I talked to Zack, which meant I had to suck it up and just tell him what's going on.

And I guess fate decided then was a good time for Zack to come walking through the kitchen door. He smiled when he saw me and I couldn't help smile back, "Hey Bella." He said happily, then he looked over at Jake and his smiled disintegrated off of his face, "Kitchen Boy." He said plainly.

"Superstar." Jake replied curtly.

Ignoring the awkwardness and tension that just entered the room because of these two's hatred of each other I turned to Zack and asked hopefully, "Zack can I talk to you?"

He gave me a guilty look and my heart sunk, "I wish I could Bella but I have a date with Izzy later and I need to be picking her up in a few minutes. I only came in here to say hi to you before I headed out."

"Oh..." I said, disappointed, "okay."

Clearly not sensing my disappointment he just smiled at me again, "But I'll be able to talk to you tomorrow during our dance lesson right?" I asked to make sure that I would get some time with him in order to talk.