Chapter 25

I moseyed around for about ten minutes despite the fact that Dale was throwing me looks. Lori eyed me suspiciously as I examined a very boring stick on the ground. She approached me and gestured for me to follow her a ways from the group.

"Is something wrong?" she asked. She didn't really seemed concerned, more curious as to what I was doing.

"I'm fine," I lied, a bit too happily and chipper. She arched an eyebrow and eyed me suspiciously. "I am!"

"There's something wrong. Otherwise, you wouldn't have been up on top of the RV talking to Dale," she accused. "You only go up to talk to Dale when something is wrong."

"Lori, I don't want to talk about it," I sighed.

"But-"

"I said I don't want to talk about it," I snapped.

"I'm just trying to help," she said quietly, obviously offended.

"I know, but I don't really want to talk right now," I said more softly.

"Is this about you and Daryl?" she prodded. I nodded.

"I will say one thing, you are the only person he ever talks to," she said.

"I know. But all we do is argue. Most of the time we are arguing over the stupidest things. More than once we have argued over something Shane has said or done. He is so difficult!" I said with exasperation.

"Can I give you some advice?" Lori asked. I rolled my eyes. Like Lori of all people should be giving relationship advice.

"Sure," I said a bit sarcastically.

"If it's not working out, don't try to force it. True love and affection does not have to be forced," she said, ignoring my sarcasm. I hated to admit it, but she was probably right.

I nodded and she put her hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me, and then went back to the group. I sighed, and decided that it was now or never. I had to talk to Daryl.

The flap to his tent was open and I peeked my head in. "I thought I told you to leave me the hell alone," spat.

"I need to talk to you," I said, disregarding his rude comment. He stayed silent, staring up to the top of his tent. I decided to take his silence as an acceptance to hear me out.

"I'm tired of fighting and bickering, Daryl. I'm so tired of it. And I realized today that I don't need that. I have enough on my plate right now without trying to decode your moods all the damn time. So I'm ending this. Whatever it is," I said.

He snapped his head towards me, his eyes full of anger but also containing a bit of sadness.

"You're a cowardly bitch. Every time something gets hard, you pack up your bags and run away. You were going to do it earlier and you are doing it now. You run from your problems, and that is a problem in itself," he spat out through his teeth.

"I don't need this," I said angrily, turning towards the tent flap and getting ready to leave. "I don't need you."

"You just remember that when you're in a pinch. You'll need me and I won't be there. What will you do then?" he demanded.

I shot him a dirty look and stalked out of the tent. I didn't need him. I survived fine by myself in Atlanta and I could survive even better with a group of people. He obviously didn't care. But I knew Dale did, and I was pretty sure that Glenn cared. I didn't need Daryl. He was no good.

Hello everyone! I hoped you liked this chapter! Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, but with my pre-college program and everything else... I really didn't have time.

This chapter's question deals with relationships. Do you think Rosaline's reactions to Shane are justified? Do you think that Lori is justified in telling Rosaline who she should be close to? Do you think that Rosaline should've broke it off with Daryl?

Let me know in the comments. I love seeing your feedback and what you think about my questions.

Don't forget to vote, comment, fan, and share!