Chapter 35

I decided that the dog needed to have it's hair trimmed. I also wanted to find out the gender of said animal. I wasn't fond of male dogs because I thought it was disgusting that they felt the need to mark their territory.

I went over to the truck, the dog following faithfully, and began digging through all the bags and coming up empty handed for a pair of scissors. Sighing, I walked to the cab and opened the glove box, finding a Swiss army knife with a pair of scissors in them. They were dull, but they'd work for the time being.

I walked back over and sat on the fallen tree, and the dog came and sat in front of me without me having to say a word. "Good boy," I said, despite not really knowing the gender of the dog. I patted it on it's head and then started to cut it's hair.

About an hour and a half and one giant red mound of fur later, I finished with the dog. I found out that it was a girl, which made me breathe a sigh of relief. I decided to name her Bianca, after my sister. It was the least I could do in memory of her.

The sun had only slipped beyond the horizon for a little bit before Daryl came from the tent, his hair sticking up in odd directions, but other than that, looking much better now that he had gotten some much needed rest.

"Sleep okay?" I asked him as he came out and sat next to me. He grunted, and I took that as a yes.

We sat there in silence for a bit. Daryl yawned, and Bianca looked up from where she was sleeping at my feet an looked at him. She stood up and trotted groggily to him, then sat on her butt at his feet. Bianca whimpered up at Daryl and he huffed, then slowly extended his hand and petted her. I had to smile.

"It got a name?" Daryl asked gruffly.

"Bianca, after my sister," I replied. He nodded solemnly.

"We should eat something," he said after a moment. I took that to mean I'm hungry, you should make something. I nodded and sighed, then stood and walked to the back of the truck, riffling through the food to try to find something to make. After a moment of looking though, I realized we didn't have anything to cook in, so I grabbed a small knife from our gear, a box of crackers and jars of peanut butter and jelly and walked back to him.

"We'll have to make do. We don't have anything to cook in," I explained, setting everything down in front of him. He nodded and opened everything up, digging in.

Peanut butter and Jelly cracker sandwiches weren't the worst we'd eaten, and I was just glad to have some food. Daryl and I chowed through the whole box of crackers, but I was still slightly hungry when we were done. Sighing, I cleaned up and then went back to sit next to him.

"I'm not tired, but with the sun down there's nothing much that we can do right now," I said. Daryl nodded.

"We'll leave here in the morning. Keep moving on until we can find somewhere good enough to stay for a while. We can't let our guards down. We have to watch each others backs," he insisted.

I nodded. This was no news to me.

"Should we try to get some more rest?" I asked him. He nodded.

"We'll zip up the tent. Them freaks are too dumb to unzip it, and we'll both get some more rest," he promised.

"Sounds like a plan," I said, standing and walking towards the tent.

He followed closely behind, and once we were inside the tent, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me back to him, his chin resting on my shoulder. His lips moved to my neck, and he kissed my collar bone. I turned around, coming face to face with him, and our lips met. I shivered slightly as he brought his hands up to my hair and ran them through it.

My hands found his hair, and I tugged lightly, and he moaned. His hands moved from my hair to my sides, where he began to gently trail his fingers up and down underneath my shirt.

He layed me down gently on the sleeping bag and tried to tug my shirt up over my head, but I pulled back. He looked at me, confused, and then moved off of me, crouching back on his heels.

"Not now," I said softly, regrettably. His eyes betrayed hurt and then quickly turned icy cold.

"Fine. Have it your way," he spat, getting up and walking out from the tent. I didn't go after him. Hell, I didn't blame him for being mad. I just couldn't do it. Before, it wasn't so passionate, so real. But now, it was, and that scared me big time.

I sighed, then laid back down on the sleeping bag. I just needed some space. And some time to think about this crazy mess that I now called life.

Hey there you crazy people I love so much!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the 5500 reads! I am so excited!

So I finally got a cord for the internet, so I should be doing lots of updating in the coming week. But for now, I need to get some sleep while I can because the beds in the dorms suck!

I keep posting fillers, and I am so sorry. Please just understand that I am working my way up to something that will probably happen in the next chapter, so bear with me until I can post that.

Let me know what you thought! What do you think about Rosaline's sudden refusal? What do you think is going to happen? Let me know!

And as always, don't forget to vote, comment, and fan!

P.S. Don't forget to check out my new Boondock Saints Fanfiction, Boondock Boys! I hope you like it!