Chapter 47

"So what are you going to do?" Lori asked me. I sighed. I was sitting in the cabin that she shared with Rick, Carl, and T-Dog. Carol, Maggie, Glenn, Hershel, and Beth were all situated in the other cabin.

"Honestly, Lori, I don't know what I can do about Merle. Daryl says that if Merle goes, he goes, and I honestly don't think that he's lying when he says that. I think for right now, I'm just going to wait it out until Rick and the others get back," I said. Lori nodded. I could tell she was worried. "They'll be back soon. They're probably just trying to find room for all the supplies they have," I reasoned, trying to make her feel better.

"Well, I'd better go make sure everyone in the other cabin is doing okay. Then I have to get back to my cabin to make sure Merle hasn't torn up the place," I said with a sigh, standing.

"Yeah, I better go check on Leslie too. She's taking a nap," she informed me. I nodded.

"I'll see you later," I told Lori. She smiled and nodded.

I made my way over to the next cabin. I went up the steps to the porch and knocked on the door. I knocked and Beth answered almost immediately. "Is something wrong?" she begged.

"Everything's fine. I was just checking on you guys. Seeing how you were doing. May I come in?" I asked. She nodded.

I stepped inside. Hershel was sitting in an armchair, reading a bible, and Carol was folding clothes. Hershel looked up and saw me. "It's good to see you alive and well," he said.

"It's good to see you all again too. I didn't realize how much I missed you," I told them.

"How are you? Do you need anything? I can wash yours and Daryl's clothes if you'd like," Carol said in a rush.

"I'm fine. I don't need anything, and I can do my own laundry," I said with a smile. Carol nodded, then stood and made her way towards me, wrapping me up in a very big hug. I stood there awkwardly, hugging her back a bit, until she finally let me go. When she did, she had tears in her eyes.

"We thought you were both dead. Rick wanted to leave the highway before another herd came along, so we left. Some of us wanted to stay, to see if you'd make it to us, but Rick said that with all the walkers there was no way you'd have made it out. We should've stayed," Carol told me.

"You all had a tough time?" I asked Carol. She nodded, but Hershel spoke instead.

"We had to hunt and scavenge daily for food. We had nothing. You were lucky that you made it out of there, but you were also lucky that you were smart enough to go back and grab the packs and tent. We had nothing," Hershel said.

"I'm sorry. I truly am. But I am so glad to have you all back," I said.

"And we are all glad to have you and Daryl back as well," Beth said. "Lilly seems nice."

"You've met Lilly already?" I asked Beth. She nodded.

"She stayed with us last night. She's still asleep," Beth told me. I nodded.

"I better get back to the cabin. I'll be back later," I said to the three of them.

"It's nice to have you back," Carol assured me. I nodded and then left.

Back at the cabin, I found Merle passed out in bed. When I raised my eyebrows at Daryl he just shrugged. I inspected the bathroom and found that it had been cleaned, but only half-assed.

"At least he tried," Daryl said. I sighed angrily. I didn't want Daryl making excuses for Merle. That would just make everything between us so much harder.

"What are you going to do when Rick comes back? He's not going to be happy that Merle is here at all. He might not even let him stay. What then?" I asked him.

"I'll figure it out when we get there," Daryl snapped.

"Look, I don't want to fight about this. I'm tired about fighting about Merle. How can someone cause so much trouble?" I demanded.

"He's my brother. He's always been that way," Daryl defended.

"I don't care! Look, I'm going in there and am going to finish what your brother was too lazy to finish. If you want to stay around here and pretend like he is the perfect older brother you make him out to be then I'm going to have to stay out of the way because I'm not going to pretend," I snapped. He shook his head, then stalked off. Great.

This was a really short filler chapter that I wrote to give you something for the rest of the weekend. I'm going to my Dad's house (he doesn't have internet) so I can't update.

I am very excited to see where this is going to go. I hope you are too! I have almost 17,000 reads and it is all thanks to you. I love all the great feedback you all are giving me and it is the greatest feeling to see all of you reading and commenting on my story. YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST!

So, what do you think? Obviously, Rosaline is not happy about Merle being there. Do you think this will cause major conflict between her and Daryl? How do you think it is going to go between Rosaline and Merle? Do you think Rick will let Merle stick around? Let me know what you think in the comments!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan! You all are the best! I look forward to seeing your comments when I get back!!