Chapter 48

A pounding sounded at the door and I knew Rick had to be back with the others. I walked over and opened the door. Rick's hand was poised to 'pound on the door again and he quickly lowered it. "Lori tells me Merle is back," he said hurriedly, pushing his way past me. It didn't even bother me. I was sort of hoping he'd tell Merle to get the fuck out of here so that everything would be back to normal.

Daryl looked up from the couch where he was sitting, looking at an old motorcycle magazine that Lori had brought over from her cabin. She found it while cleaning.

"Where's Merle?" Rick demanded.

"Look, he doesn't need you being an ass, alright? You're the one that handcuffed him to the fucking roof for Christ sakes," Daryl spat.

"Look, I just want to talk to him so that I can figure out what to do with-"

"Well, if it isn't Officer Friendly," I heard Merle say from the entrance of the hallway. Rick's head snapped up and he took in Merle. There was a bit of fear in Rick's eyes, something I had never seen before. It frightened me a bit just seeing it.

"Merle," Rick said.

"I vowed that I'd kill you if I ever ran into you again, but I hear ol' Lori is knocked up with Shane's kid, and my baby brother tells me that missy killed him, so I guess that means you got to take care of the rugrat, eh?" Merle said.

Rick's face turned hard and cold with anger. "That baby is mine," he said sharply.

"And my baby brother is the emperor," Merle said with a snarky laugh.

"Merle, lay off, alright?" I demanded. He shot me a dirty look.

"Why the fuck to you care missy?" he spat at me.

"Because I respect Lori and Rick and I am not about to hear you bad mouth them," I snapped back.

"Alright, alright. Look, Merle, I don't think it's a good idea for you to stay here. Under the right circumstances, maybe, but-"

"Oh, but missy has already laid down the ground rules," he said, smirking at me.

"Have you now?" Rick asked me, his eyebrow raised, questioning.

"I simply told him that if he's staying he has to stay in his own room without any women and that he had to help with daily chores. But I also told him that the final decision on whether or not he stays was up to you," I explained to Rick. He nodded.

"And how has he been doing so far?" Rick asked.

"Alright, if you don't count the fact that he did a very half-assed job on the bathroom," I told Rick, while throwing a look at Merle. He just smirked.

Rick sighed. "Merle, as a new rule you are not allowed a weapon unless it is absolutely necessary. In an even like that, Rosaline, Daryl of myself will allow you a weapon. If you are caught with one other than that you will be immediately removed from the group," Rick said.

I stared at him openmouthed. "You're letting him stay?" I demanded.

"What's wrong, missy, don't ya want me here?" Merle teased sarcastically. I shot him a dirty look.

"Rosaline, I don't think we have any choice at the moment. Besides, if anyone can handle Merle, I think you can do it," Rick told me. I scoffed, and Merle gave a mean chuckle.

"I'm going back to Lori and Carl. Do you need anything?" Rick asked.

"Not a thing," I spat at him. He gave me a questioning look but then let himself out.

"I'm going to check out the rest of the campground," I spat at Daryl. I went into the bedroom and grabbed the pistol and then took off out the door.

The Georgia heat was letting up and I could tell that winter was fast approaching. It would soon be too cold to stay in our tents if this place fell through.

I walked up to the top level of the campground. There were a few more cabins, the office, which also doubled as a store, an empty swimming pool, and a miniature golf course. It would've been a nice campground, once upon a time a long, long time ago. But right now all it could be was barren and empty.

I decided to snoop around in the store. The door was unlocked, so I let myself in. There were shelves and shelves of things, most useless to us now. I did find a few more car and motorcycle magazines, which I grabbed to give to Daryl or anyone who wanted them. I also found a small first aid kit and grabbed that as well. Happy with what I'd found, I left the building.

I shuffled back to the cabin. I knew when I got back Daryl was going to be pissed at me and I didn't blame him. I had, after all, expressed the fact that I truly did not want Merle living with us. If Bianca were here and Daryl had said something like that about her, I know I'd have been pissed.

I walked slowly up the steps and into the cabin. I opened the door slowly and expected to see Daryl staring at me with venomous eyes. Instead, Merle was sitting, staring at the door. I shot him a dirty look.

"What the hell are you looking at?" I demanded.

"My baby brother just left 'cause of ya. Want ya to tell me what the hell is goin' on between y'all, and I want the truth. No half-assed shit either," Merle said firmly.

"We're just close, that's all," I said. I made a move to go to my bedroom but Merle was quicker and he blocked the way.

"I said I wasn't takin' no half-assed answers and I ain't," Merle said. I sighed, crossing my arms and staring Merle down.

"Y'all sleeping together?" Merle asked bluntly.

I sighed. He'd find out sooner or later. "We sleep in the same bed together, yes," I managed. Telling that to Merle was completely awkward.

"Y'know what I mean missy," Merle said, giving me a pointed look.

"Why does it matter so much if I'm sleeping with him? All you need to know was that before you came along, we were perfectly happy. And now all we're doing is fighting again," I said sullenly.

"How long have y'all known each other?" Merle asked curiously.

"Since he went back to look for you after you were cuffed to the roof," I admitted.

"And y'all been together since then?" Merle asked, astonished.

"Nah. He hated my guts when he first met me," I said with a light laugh.

"Sounds like my brudder. Never was a smart one when it came to woman. Ol' Merle always got the best babes," he said. I began to laugh.

"Ha ha, very funny," I said sarcastically.

"Well, I'm done interrogatin' ya. Go on," he said, letting me down the hall. I shook my head, smirking still and went to the bedroom. I flopped down in bed and before I knew it I was taking a nap.

Hello readers! I missed your comments on the last few chapters!

So, how are you liking where this is going? Are you glad she finally gave Merle a bit of a chance at the end? How do you feel about Rick letting Merle stay? How long do you think it will take before Merle causes a problem? Let me know in the comments!

And, as always, don't forget to vote, comment and fan!