Blizzard

Written: December 17th, 2015; 6:54 am

——

Damian was freezing.

The walk from the manor to Gotham wasn't that far maybe a 15 minute drive but it was 35 minutes by foot. Hypothermia acts quickly, very quickly and Damian was learning that the hard way. His boots crunched snow as he walked, the blizzard was now at an extreme.

The temperature was at 15 degrees but with the high winds it was now -22 and the snow which was falling hard and fast was blinding, Damian could just not see where he was going.

He shivered in his coat, at first he thought it was a good coat that would protect him the from impending storm but he could barely feel any warmth. He could feel cold nipping at its fingertips as he trudged on, his eyelashes freezing.

He was so busy thinking of the cold that he did not notice the ice patch until it was to late, he slipped and landed hard. The snap could be heard from yards away, Damian screamed in pain as he held his now useless arm.

"I know you hate me already! Okay I get it!" Damian yelled at the dark night sky as he felt tears of pain falling down his tanned face freezing.

He lifted himself of the frozen ground, 'first I get yelled and hit by my father, then I find myself freezing, now my arm is broken. It is settled then this is how I am going to die, is it not?' Damian thought to himself.

He walked but with the blizzard it took about 3 hours to get to Gotham but it looked as if he had lost his path because he came to the bad part of Gotham as Grayson called, like there was ever a good part of Gotham.

This place was running with gangs, criminals and other insane people. They stared at him in interest but he kept his head down, he looked a lot like a homeless child because of the pale skin and small height and his clothes were now ripped from running into the forest with branches ripping his once valuable clothes. His backpack was frozen and covered in snow.

They all looked away from him, he just looked like a starving, sad orphan which he guessed he was. There was probably nothing to steal from him, they thought.

The neon lights from bars shined brightly as Damian found an alley. This will do he guess, for now.

If he walked into a motel asking to stay for a while with a thousand dollars in his hands, it would attract much unwanted attention and he did not want to be robbed or murdered tonight so the homeless orphan act had to be kept.

He felt the hours of hunger from walking take effect, the hypothermia, the sadness and hopelessness, and the pain from his tired feet and broken arm.

He cried as he felt his consciousness fading, fainting fast but he didn't hear was the footsteps of someone coming towards him.

************************************************************************************

There you go

I really liked this chapter

I hope you guys did too

Bye

~ Magictwist

💋