Shimmering Star

Iz is back mah readers!

I'm so happy that so many people are commenting!!! I adore your comments XP and wat is it that I hear: ships? *shrug* oh well

Also yes Damian did call Dick by his first name. You've got to remember how close they were before Jason took Damian in.

To the story...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Damian was woken up by the sound of birds. 'Dammit those birds never now when to shut the hell up' he thought in indignation.

He opened his viridescent eyes to blinding light, oh how he hated mornings. Damian gritted his teeth as he sat up and hissed when pain flared up at his side. Oh right, he remembered, even after a month his wounds were still sore.

He continued sittingup slowly, cursing the clown for putting him in such an incapacitated state, cursing the doctors for failing their jobs and just cursing life in general.

Damian snorted as he looked around to see all his siblings sleeping soundly in the most absurd positions.

Dick was half on the couch, his feet dangling of the side and his arm thrown over his forehead.

Cassandra, who seemed to be the most comfortable, was curled up with her head on the arm of the couch with her hands under it.

Stephanie was laying across the love seat with her head and legs over the side, snoring loudly.

Tim was in the floor with his back resting on the love seat and his head turned down in an odd way.

Jason, to his embarrassment, was only a mere centimeters away from his face as if he had fallen asleep with his head untop of Damian's. He also, to add more embarrassment, was sitting on his lap.

He didn't remember how he gat in this un-utopian position. He gat up slowly as to not awake Jason and tiptoed to the kitchen, hoping that at least Alfred was awake.

As expected there was Alfred cooking breakfast over the oven. Damian closed his eyes dreamily as the delicious smell of Alfred's cooking reached his nose. His stomach rumbled at the intoxicating smell which caused Damian to blush and Alfred to notice him.

"Good morning, Master Damian. It seems that you are up more early today than usual." Alfred said, raising an eyebrow.

Damian just shrugged and went upstairs to change into a black sweatshirt and brush his teeth. Once he came back down he saw that his family was still asleep. He grunted in annoyance and rolled his eyes.

Alfred finished cooking and brought over a plate of eggs, bacon and pancakes omto Damian. "Thank you, Pennyworth," he said politely with a watering mouth and practically wolfed down the plate.

Alfred frowned but left to wake up the others. Damian could here them grumbling but when they came in and saw the food their eyes bugged out and they ran upstairs to brush their teeth, tripping each other in the process.

He snorted unimpressed while Alfred just shook his head a sighed.

Jason, Dick, Tim, Stephanie, Cass and Bruce finally came down into the dining room looking tired but wearing feral grins as they started down at the food.

While everyone was eating, well more like swallowing, their food Damian couldn't help but notice a shadow in the corner of the wall that wasn't there before.

It stood perfectly still trying to not be noticed but he could see the slight twitching and the movement of breathing.

His assassin training made him tense up and look more closely at the dark thing. Of course the others didn't notice for they were to busy ogling their food and if Damian wasn't on edge he would've rolled his eyes.

Then all of a sudden the shadow moved and threw a ninja star, shimmering in the morning light. Damian who saw this coming quickly caught it, the deadly weapon only a few inches away from his forehead.

And then all hell broke loose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally the assassin gets some action.

Did you like it?!?

Next chapter we'll find out who it is that is assigning people to kill Damian..

Until next time, bye!

- Magictwist377

🐉