Shadow

"Yes yes!! It's working, he's waking up! Thank God....Oh no his breathing is becoming abnormally rapid. Put the oxygen mask on, Sherley."

The bat family could here the doctors shouting and running around inside the room. Jason could feel his heart swell with anxiousness and happiness.

~on the other side of the door~

Damian woke up to blinding white light and a tube stuck down his throat. He wheezed trying to breath, almost choking and he sighed thankfully in his head, as slowly the 'plastic tube of death' was pulled out of his throat.

He felt as though his body was on fire and his heart began to quicken as he looked around the foreign place.

Damian felt as if his head was under water he could hear sound of people talking but it was distorted and muffled.

His lungs screamed out for air as his heart quickened more but he almost cried in relief when an oxygen mask was put on him.

"Da....Ar.....can...Dami....Damian..... Can yo.....Can you hear me?.." A voice said, becoming more and more clearer.

Damian nodded and whimpered as the pain in his neck flared up.

~

Jason heard the doctors shouting and rapid footsteps go down and he expected the worse. His family glanced around looking scared.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine. He'll pull through you'll see..." Tim said with a obliviously fake happy voice and he looked at all of them but his eyes lingered on Jason longer than anyone else.

~

Damian slipped in and out of consciousness as he felt the doctors prick him with needles, check his wounds, take blood, and other pitiful and useless stuff.

After an hour of moments of which he didn't know were of dreams or reality, he was able to stay awake and strangely felt more alert than normal.

~

The doctor came out looking frazzled but pleased, "Damian has thankfully made it through the procedure and he might be a bit fragile but seems very eager in letting you in," he said motioning the family to follow him.

Damian sat in his bed sluggishly looking around at confusion and when his eyes landed on Jason he smiled widely.

Jason ran forward and wrapped him up in a hug, "Ow ow watch the ribs, Jason you insufferable fool!" Damian said though smiling slightly through the pain. Jason immediately pulled away apologizing and asking if he was okay, if he needed anything and cursing under his breath about the poor staff service.

He noticed along his rambling that everyone was looking at him weird, "What are you all looking at? Have you all finally realized that I'm the most awesomest person ever? Took all of your slow brains long enough to notice." He said smirking.

Everyone rolled their eyes and Dick have a sigh of relief, "Oh thank God, I thought you were possessed for a second..." he said. Jason rolled his eyes while Damian snorted out a laugh.

"Now enough chatting, why the hell am I in a hospital room? All I remember is that bastard clown's face and a weird white world..." Damian said. Dick and Bruce exchanged concerned looks and Cassandra explained.

While talking the family didn't seem to notice the shadow of a figure outside the window. The figure quietly jumped on the ledge and back flipped onto the roof.

It took out a phone, "I'm sorry boss but the child did not die as you assigned the clown to do," the unknown shadow whispered.

The caller on the other line gave an angry yell and replied back in an annoyed voice, "It's up to you now, my honorable assassin, to complete the mission to eliminate Damian al ghul."

The figure nodded, "Of course, my master.."

--------------------------------------------

Well I'm sure none of you saw that coming lol

Sorry for the long wait *-*

I'll update soon

Bye

~ Magictwist377

🃏