Chapter Six

We pulled up to my school early before class started the next day. I'm just going to gather all the work from my marketing and fashion classes for two weeks and then leave. I'm not sure I'm staying for a whole two weeks, but if I do or don't I'll be caught up. "I'll be right back." I told Zane. I gathered my work, then we dropped Major off at daycare for a while.

Today, Zane and I are going to get our tattoos. We decided on something simple. I'm getting Major's first footprint on the back of my left shoulder with 'Major Arione Carter' underneath in cursive. Zane is getting basically the same thing, but it's Major's first handprint instead.

Before I knew it we were parked in front of the tattoo parlor. "You ready baby girl?"

"Not really." I laughed.

Zane grabbed and caressed my hand. "It'll be okay baby girl. I'll hold your hand the whole time. And I'll wipe your tears."

"Uh, who said I'm going to cry!?"

"I didn't!" He put his hands up in defense, then covered his mouth with both of them.

"You're silly. Lets go." I laughed opening the car door. We walked into the parlor holding hands. I was instantly scared when we walked in. It hit me what I was about to do. Walk in to a place, ask for something, and then have them draw it into my skin with a needle. I'm terrified of needles! So, what the hell am I doing here right now? I can love my son unconditionally without having to face one of my biggest fears. I barely did needles when I was having Major and I rarely go to the doctors because I feel like they purposely torture me by sticking the first needle they can find into me. "Zane..."

"What's up?"

"I'm scared." I whispered to him. He looked down at me and lifted my chin up so I was looking directly into his eyes. He licked his lips and kissed me for a little while.

"Don't be scared." He said releasing my chin. I smiled up at him and then the lady at the front desk cleared her throat.

"Hi..." I smiled nervously.

"Hello, I'm Sonya." She said more to Zane than me. "What brings you here today?" She batted her lashes.

"We obviously came to get tattoos." I replied before Zane could say anything. He looked down at me and smiled. He mouthed "chill out baby girl" and I just rolled my eyes. I looked back up and smiled at Sonya. She rolled her eyes and mugged me. I don't know why I was acting so jealous, to be honest. I'm never that way, but I felt like since I was leaving anything could happen. I know Zane isn't the cheater type. I'm a little on edge. I shook off the thoughts of everything. I know my place and nothing nor no one will be there to take it.

We payed for our tattoos after seeing the layouts and placement of them on our body. I loved them separately and together.

Zane went first to get his tattoo. He made a few cringe faces in the sensitive spots, but overall made it look like he was just enjoying a cupcake or something. It was just so crazy how he kind of enjoyed it and was relaxed. He finished and it was my turn. I was still terrified, but we already paid. I can't turn back now.

I laid down on the table while Zane sat in a chair next to me. He held my hand and caressed it letting me know it would be okay. The tattoo artist started and I don't know if I'm just a wimp or if this actually hurt because I was almost in tears when he got a couple minutes into the tattoo. I just wanted to kick him in his nose and run off. Then he started to shade my tattoo in. That's when the real tears came. That pain was so undeniable. I couldn't even fake myself into believing it didn't hurt for the time being. Every time I felt the needle on a sensitive spot I just grabbed Zane's hand tighter. I'm sure he experienced my pain and was close to a couple popped blood vessels, but right then I didn't even care. I thought that because I had a baby I was invincible and could handle any pain. I was totally and completely wrong! The man finished my tattoo and Zane wiped my tears. "I thought you weren't going to cry?" He said laughing.

"Psh, what tears!?" I said looking away from him.

"The ones I had to wipe away. Don't play. You nearly broke my hand in there."

I laughed. "Good. You're a meany."

"Whatever!" He said in a ghetto girl voice.

"Ew. Don't ever talk like that again!" I cracked up laughing while we got in the car.

"Girl, I can do whatever I want. Don't believe me? Just watch!" He kept doing the ghetto talk.

"You are so ghetto. Get out of here with that nasty ass voice." He kept up with the voice for a good five minutes. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at him. I just decided to not talk to him if he was going to keep doing that voice. We went to get Major and then Zane treated us to lunch.

When we got home, we played and laid around some until it was time for dinner. I made Zane a big dinner. I made meatless tomato and basil pasta, baked chicken, and parmesan texas toast. After we ate, we cleaned together dancing to music and just laughing and enjoying our last night together.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

I'm using this as a filler chapter. I hope you all enjoyed. Please let me know how you feel and are liking the book so far.

Vote, Comment, and Fan please!