Chapter Nine

*Dareus POV*

I can't believe I just walked into my little sister about to be raped by a nigga I knew was capable of it. I shouldn't have left her alone with him, I knew what he could do. When that nigga left back in the sixth grade it wasn't because his mom was tired of his ways. Dude is mentally crazy and tried to rape and kill her. His own mom! He was so messed up in the head and nobody knows why. He could have any girl he wanted at the snap of his finger, but it's like the struggle of a female not wanting him to rape her turned him on or something. He was always aggressive, but he never went as far as to try and rape a female until it came to his mom. He just snapped or some shit. Everybody believes that he was just sent to live with his dad in New Orleans because he got in trouble, but his mom sent him there to go to a mental institution. How do you spend six years in a mental institution and still be that fucked up in the head?

I'm just mad at myself because I knew his history, Pharaoh didn't. And I just went to the store and left her there with him. I thought he had changed. I guess not. I want to kill dude, I really do. Pharaoh isn't going to let that happen. It's set in stone though. I told him I was going to find him. I see him anywhere else and his ass is mine. I'm punching, stomping, whipping, all of the above'n his ass. He will not see another day man. You mess with Pharaoh, you mess with me. That's just how the game goes. Terrell's blood will be shed. "Dareus?" Pharaoh called my name lowly snapping me out of thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"Don't tell anyone. Not my dad. Not Zane." I was laying beside her like old times, this made me sit up straight though.

"What do you mean don't tell anyone!? The nigga tried to rape you on my momma couch!" I was furious all over again. First you don't want me to kill him, now you don't want me to tell anyone? What the fuck!?

"I don't want anyone to know. I was weak at that time and they don't need to know that."

"Pharaoh, there are going to be times that you're weak. When he was taking advantage of you, you were not weak. You didn't show him your fear and you stayed calm. If you would have acted like any other female would have, I would've been to late to get him off of you."

"No, it was weak of me to let him get control. He had me pinned to the refrigerator, then I couldn't even move on the couch. I was weak." She was crying now.

"No, you were not. Do you understand that if you would have let him get more into it and kind of played along you could have got him weak and then took full control and whooped his ass?" She chuckled a little. "I'm serious Pha. It wasn't weak. You couldn't help that he's mentally unstable. You have to tell them, I know for a fact they're not going to judge you. And if you don't tell them, I will."

"You said he's mentally unstable?"

"Oh. Yeah, he tried to rape and kill his mom back in the sixth grade. She sent him to a New Orleans mental institution. He just got out."

"And you left me alone with him?"

"I thought he was better. I'm sorry. But get some sleep."

"Whatever." Pharaoh ended our conversation there.

-The Next Day-

*Pharaoh POV*

Mama G has Major and Dareus had to "work" this morning. I have time all to myself. The first thing I did was take a long bubble bath. I stayed in until the water was nearly cold. I just relaxed and cried a little. The next thing I did was go see my daddy. I know it's only been a day, but I was expecting him to at least be a little better. He got a little worse instead. Dareus told me that I have to tell him what happened, so that's what I did. I didn't make it seem as bad as it really was because I didn't want to stress and upset him while he's in the state that he's in. I finished visiting my dad and called Zane while I was in the car. "Hello?" He sounded like he was still sleeping.

"Hey babe. Were you sleeping?"

"Nah. I just woke up."

"Okay. Well... How's it going?"

"Fine. You've only been gone one day baby girl." He laughed. "What's really up?"

"Well, something happened..."

"Like?"

"Um. There's this guy..." I stopped to take a deep breath. "Um, named Terrell."

"What does he have to do with me?"

"Well, last night Mama G and Dareus took Maj to the store while I was sleep and he was still the-"

"Get to the point already." He cut me off and sounded pissed.

"Well, he tried to rape me. Dareus walked in just in time to basically save me." He didn't respond. I heard a crash. "Babe!? What are you doing!?"

"Nothing. I just punched a wall, that's it. I should have went with you. Actually I am coming."

"You don't have to. Everything is fine."

"Everything is fine!? No, it's not. I'll see you soon."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too baby girl." I hung up and drove off. I'm going to my mothers grave again. I'd like to think it was her who made Dareus walk in the door when he did, and not just good timing. I hope it was her.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕