Chapter Thirteen

*Zane POV*

I sat at the table with Major in one hand, my head in the other. What the fuck is going on right now? I don't even understand why Pharaoh is mad. I heard someone clear their throat breaking my train of thought. I looked up. I almost forgot Dareus was here. The only reason I'm putting up with little dude is because he saved my baby girl and gave that Terrell nigga what he deserved. "What's up?" I asked.

"You in the right. Females be tripping on niggas for no good reason." Huh? Friendly conversation? I shrugged.

"I hear what you saying. I don't know why either of them mad honestly."

"That Lyndsey chick is obviously keeping something from you. Pha just upset because you were with ole girl for so long and she just suddenly popped back up."

I chuckled a little. "You think you the female whisperer, or what?" He stretched out his arms and did a fake yawn.

"I can do a little something, something."

"You a fool man." We laughed. I don't know. I guess he's not as bad as I thought. I just never really gave him a chance. Somebody cleared their throat again. It wasn't Dareus this time though. I turned my head to the end of the table.

"Can I.. Um, can I talk to you for a minute?" Lyndsey asked. I looked to Dareus.

"You mind watching Maj for a bit?"

"Sure." I handed him Major and walked towards Lyndsey. We went to an empty table not far from the one I was sitting at.

"So..?" I asked Lyndsey as I sat down.

"Well, I have to get back to work so I'll make this quick." She sighed. "I've missed you. And I'm so sorry for hooking up with Daniel. I didn't mean to hurt you, but I really thought you were cheating with her and I guess you just confir-" I cut her off.

"You don't know shit, so don't come assuming. I never cheated on your ass. I talked to Pharaoh, yes. But she was just a cool chick to talk to. After I dropped you, I started getting cool with her. Somethings went down about a year ago and now I have her on my side. If you wasn't so insecure that possibly could have been you." I shrugged.

"Zane, I'm ready for that. For you and me to be together. To have the child I had to give up."

"I don't want you, point blank. I have somebody who's down for me and I'm down for her. And what you mean child you had to give up?"

"My mom, she made me move to Dallas with my aunt because I was pregnant and she didn't want me to go through what she had to..."

"What you trying to say?"

"I wanted to come back to Chicago and be with you, make things how they were before. So, I took it into my own hands to get an abortion. Then my mom wouldn't even let me come back." She held back tears. "She said the things I was doing were too fucked up for her to deal with and that Dallas was my best bet until I finished school."

"So, you saying I had child and you killed it? An innocent piece of life?"

"Well, I was hoping it was yours. It could have been Daniel's..." She said quietly. I laughed. She's expecting to come back and try to break up what I have? And talking some shit about a baby that never got to see life because she wanted me? That was stupid of her. Stupid as fuck. Putting a dude before your child, unborn at that? If you didn't want the child, just give it up for adoption. I don't know what I'm more mad about. The fact that she thought I still want anything to do with her or the fact that she got an abortion for a child that might have been mine. I had every intention to call her out of her government right now, but I hold too much respect for females period. Regardless of how dirty, grimy, stupid, or whatever they may be. "Zane..?" She reached over the table trying to grab my hand. I hurried up and snatched it back. "Okay, I said I'm sorry already and that was long ago, like you said. Baby, I'm ready to start over new with you." She pleaded. I had to laugh one more time.