Chapter Seventeen

-Three Months Later-

I was sitting on the counter with Major on my lap, waiting for Zane to make his way downstairs. He had just finished having a conference with a recruiter for the Chicago Bulls, his favorite team. He's been in good spirits since he got home, so I'm guessing everything went very well. Finally he came down the stairs. "So, how was your meeting babe?" I asked. He came over to where we were on the counter and started playing with Major.

"The meeting went extremely well." He said with the biggest grin on his face. "I think I might have a chance at getting drafted. And for Chicago."

"I'm so proud of you, love." I pecked his lips. "Aren't you proud of daddy Maj?" He laughed and attempted at clapping his hands. Major has been developing so well. He can kind of crawl and tries to say mama and dada. He's the cutest thing, I swear.

"Yeah, son. You're next." He ruffed up Major's baby afro.

"What about me? I don't get to ball out?" I asked with a fake pout.

"Girl. You can't even shoot a layup." I slapped his chest.

"Whatever! I played basketball a little."

"We'll see!" He laughed, going in the fridge.

"What's for dinner?"

"That's what I was wondering."

"You better get to cooking."

"Can you, please?" He asked in the sweetest voice.

"Nah, you cook or you starve." He laughed and shook his head.

"Chipotle?"

"Sounds appetizing." I smiled. "Daddy can't cook, Maj. We have to get you cooking asap, or you'll never get a girlfriend."

"Don't be telling my son that. You look good, you get more than a girl. You get a wife." He winked at me. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I guess he has a point, but Zane really can cook. He just chooses to be a lazy ass and not do it.

Our food arrived, and needless to say, I was hungry as shit. I put Major to sleep and laid him in his little rocking bed thing. I streamed Netflix to our tv and got us some drinks. "What are you trying to watch?"

"I don't know. Something funny."

"Dance Flick?"

"Too corny."

"Well, how about we watch a cartoon movie?"

"We're too grown."

"Too bad. Monsters University it is."

"I don't want to watch that."

"Major does." He looked at me like I was stupid.

"He's sleep."

"Uh, no he's not." I said shoveling Spanish rice into my mouth.

"I have eyes. He's clearly knocked out."

"Ssh, the movie is starting." He chuckled a little and pulled me closer to him. I looked up at him and smiled. He always lets me be a kid sometimes, I love that. We do a lot of kiddie stuff, too. If I was going to school to be a kindergarten teacher he would probably hate me. I already make him do a few things, but if that was my profession, I would make him do finger painting, color by number, the whole nine. And I'm not even kidding.

We ended up falling asleep on the couch after dinner and a few movies. I was woken up by my phone ringing. I groaned and shifted out of Zane's arms. "It's cold as hell in here." I picked up my phone and saw that it was an unknown number. "Hello?" I answered stifling a yawn. I looked at the wall clock. It's three am, who could this be and what could they possibly want?