Chapter Fifteen

*Dareus POV*

Ma, being the person she is, put together this whole "engagement party" thing for Pha and Zane. They leave tomorrow and she thought it would be a nice little something. So, everybody is coming to the house tonight to celebrate with them. I don't know how ma did it, but she got Aria, Q, the twins, and some of Pha's Durham friends to come. She even got Sophia and her foster parents to come on a school night. My mom works wonders man, I swear.

There was knock on the door, I was just sitting enjoying some spiked lemonade. I don't plan on opening the door, Aria here. She act like this her house, which it is another home to her, so she can answer the door. The person knocked again. "Dareus if you don't answer that door!" I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, ma. Damn!" I said that last part under my breath, but before I knew it my mom was storming out of the kitchen with flour everywhere. She popped me upside my head. "Ma! You got flour on your hands!"

"I don't give a damn. You watch your mouth and tone of voice when you talking me, Dareus."

"But you just said it..?"

"I'm grown!"

"I'm 20, ma. I'm grown too." She scowled at me.

"You not grown until I say are. Go answer that damn door boy." I sighed loudly and started to wipe the flour off of me while I walked to the door. My mom crazy man. I opened the door and damn, some fine ass girl was standing there. I couldn't even talk. This had to be one of Pha's girls from Durham. I mean this girl is fine as fuck. She look a little Asian, too. Damn. I'm stunned. I ain't know they made em like this down in North Carolina. Think I'm about to hide in Pha's suitcase and see what else Durham working with. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Uh, hello!?"

"Aw, my bad ma. You here for Pha, right?" I ain't even realize I was staring at her. This isn't me, I need to get my shit together right now.

"My names Lia. And yes, so are you going to make me stand here or..?" She giggled a little. Her laugh is like heaven on earth, I swear. "You're staring again..."

"Shit, I'm sorry ma... Uh, Lia I meant." I moved out of the way so she could step in. "I'm Dareus."

"I've heard about you." She giggled again.

"Real?"

"No fake." She rolled her eyes. I see she got a little attitude. I like it.

"Attitude much?" She shrugged and sat down on the couch.

"Maybe." I was about to take a seat next to her, but somebody knocked on the door. Damn, who is it now!? I was about to try and move on Lia, see how she feeling. I went back to the door before my mom had the chance to say anything to me. I opened the door and some nigga was standing here.

"You here for Pha?"

"Yes I am." I just moved out the way and let him in. As soon as Lia saw him, her face lit up.

"Hey babe!" She got up and hugged him, kissing his face. Babe? Now I guess I ain't making no moves. Just my luck. Then dude started talking. I knew right off the bat, gay. She meant friendly babe not boyfriend babe. Just as I was about to shut the door back another car pulled up. I just left the door open and waited. Once I saw dude, I recognized him right away. He play for Duke, too. They came to the door and introduced themselves as Levi and Noni. The Noni chick was kind of cute, and her exotic ass name was doing shit to me. But she has a boyfriend, so I'm chill on her. Now the only people we waiting for is Rocky and the guest of honor.

*Pharaoh POV*

"Why are we going to Mama G's again?" I asked Zane for the three hundredth time tonight. I'll probably get the same answer, but I don't care.