Chapter Twelve

I woke up and looked at the time. 9:00 am. I honestly don't even remember falling asleep last night, but oh well. I stretched out and yawned. "Good morning Mrs. Carter." Zane walked into the room carrying a tray.

"Good morning to you, too." I smiled. He set the tray on my lap and and kissed my forehead. He made me breakfast. All of my favorite things, too. Mini pancakes, a plain fried egg, and ground maple sausage. I started to eat and took a sip of my apple juice. "Thanks."

"No problem." I looked over at Zane. He looked so relaxed in his basketball shorts and tank. His arms were perfectly sculpted and the tattoo in remembrance of his mother looked nice. "I can feel you staring at me." Zane said not peeling his eyes away from his phone.

I laughed. "What?" I asked in a drug out high pitched voice. "Psh, no one wants to look at you." I looked back down at my plate and started to eat again. Before I knew it there was a shadow hovering over me. I looked up to see Zane's eyes staring into mine. "Yes?" I looked back down. He took the tray from my lap and set it on the dresser. "I don't think I was done, but okay." He laughed and made his way back over to me. He laid across the bed, putting his head in my lap. He just stared up at me. This is getting weird. "What?" I asked giggling.

"I like the way you look when you first wake up." He just kept staring.

"Zane, we've been waking up together for months now." I giggled again.

"I know... You have a glow today though." He smirked. I could feel myself blushing. I looked away from him. Zane and I have been together for some time now, but I still don't like for him to see me blush. I don't know why I feel so awkward when he sees it. Zane reached up and fixed my gaze back on him. "You don't have to turn away." I smiled and ran my fingers through his short hair, then played with his beard.

"You can never cut this off, okay?" He raised an eyebrow. I shrugged. "If I'm going to be with you, this beard has to stay on your face." I laughed.

"So, you're only with me for my beard?"

"Exactly." I smiled.

"Well, damn man." I giggled a little at him because he made a fake pouty face.

"I'm kidding babe. Now get up so I can go to the bathroom." Zane picked his head up out of my lap and I got out of bed. I started to walk towards the bathroom and immediately regretted it. The pain and discomfort between my legs was undeniable. I could almost say it was equivalent to when I gave birth to Major, but a little less. I groaned out loud and heard Zane laughing from behind me. I shot him a death glare.

"Regret it now, limpy?" He laughed louder.

"Ha ha, you are so funny." I rolled my eyes.

"You can catch an attitude." He laughed. "You did it to yourself. I told you to stop giving me that look, you didn't." I rolled my eyes again.

"Asshole." I fake pouted.

"Mr. Asshole." He whispered into my ear, startling me. I didn't even hear him walk over to me. "Come on cry baby." He swooped me up and carried me to bathroom.

"You should have let me walk it off. I have places to go and I can't be walking around like that." He shrugged and walked out of the bathroom.

"Next time." He called out. Next time? No, there won't be a next time. I'm not about to let Zane pound the daylights out of me every time either of us is stressed. Nu uh. He better fix himself a cup tea and watch Martin reruns. That'll relieve some stress. I shook my head and turned on the water in the tub. A bubble bath it is.

*

We pulled up to Mama G's house. Today her, Zane, Major, Dareus, I are going out to lunch. We decided on Apple Bee's. As soon as we arrived we were seated in a booth. A woman came over to us. "Hi. I'm Lyndsey, I'll be your server tonight. Can I start you ou-" she stopped talking when she looked up from her pad. "Z-Zane?" She stuttered. He looked up from playing with Major.

*Zane POV*

"Z-Zane?" I heard the waitress stutter while I was playing with Major. I look up and to my surprise it was Lyndsey Baldwin. I had it bad for this girl back in the day. We dated from seventh grade all the way up until our junior year of high school. You'd never believe it, but Pharaoh is a semi-cause of this. We started barely even socializing. I'd see her at a party, it was a hi and bye situation but Lyndsey was too damn insecure to realize that. She ended up cheating on me with one of the dudes I ran with, thinking that she could throw back the 'you cheated too!' card. I don't play that shit though. I don't want to be cheated on, so I'm not going to cheat on you. I mean if you want somebody else, then go be with them. Don't cheat. At the time, I just saw Pharaoh as a little cutie. She was younger than me and I wasn't looking to do nothing with her. Look at us now. I laughed to myself.

"Lyndsey Baldwin. Never thought I'd see you again." She giggled lowly and plainly.

"Yeah, I uh, I went to Dallas for a while. Until, uh... Never mind. Pharaoh right?" She asked looking at her.

"Yes, I don't think I know you..?"

"I'm surprised Zane hasn't told you about me."

"I'm not." Pharaoh said under her breath. She looked down at Major and started playing with him while he was still in my arms.

"That your kid?" Lyndsey asked me.

"Yeah, this is my little man." I smiled down at Major.

"Really Zane? Wow." Lyndsey stormed off. What I do? She's the one that cheated on me and that was at least three years ago. She can't be mad that I moved on.

"Um, what was that about?" I turned my attention to Pharaoh.

"An ex."

"Aren't you going to run after her?"

"Nah, she ain't my responsibility no more."

"How long?"

"How long what?"

"How long together, how long apart."

"We were together almost four years and broke up towards the end of my junior year, so apart maybe three."

"Mmhm." Now Pharaoh has an attitude? Man, what the fuck!? I didn't do anything to either of them and they both killing my mood right now. And where is our waiter? Damn. "I'm going to the bathroom. Excuse me." Pharaoh excused herself from the table. I really don't understand what she's mad about. I didn't do anything to her and I didn't entertain Lyndsey. I put my head in my free palm.

"Damn man." I groaned to myself.

"I'm going to go check on Pha." Mama G said. "I'll be right back."

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Well, this is kind of short, but the next chapter is going to be a little long. And could you all please check out my new story TURNED OUT, please and thank you, I'll love you all forever!

Vote, Comment, and Fan please!