Chapter 1: Snow Village.

The sky with its red a blue carpet setting was a perfect evening sunset. Dark clouds overshadowed some of the sky as they were carrying a new wash of snow. The ground below was a thick carpet of white and the small village that was unlucky enough to be re-coated with snow was right below a large angry cloud. Foot prints of the villagers were spread around the area some had tracks of children from earlier in the day sledging down the hills. A house near the outskirts of the village had a couple standing outside watching the sunset together. They both wore large coats to protect from the cold and had large yellow Wellington boots on. The foot prints from their back door to the middle of the garden where they stood were deep almost knee deep. They both stood holding each other tightly watching the angry clouds overshadow the red sunset. Chatting softly to each other they looked on towards the hill in front of their garden it was big but not huge a nice hill a lot of children played at. A strange buzzing sound softly came into the ears of the couple they both looked at each other with confusion as the sound got louder and louder, then it appeared from the hill. A large black floating object, It looked like a large Zeppelin but made a large buzzing sound almost like a buzz saw. It moved slow and low to the ground on closer inspection the couple saw it was dropping people onto the deep snow. The people it dropped all looked the same and wore black clothes as soon as they hit the ground they started sprinting forward through the deep snow as if it was nothing. The man of the couple panicked he knew what was coming he grabbed his wife’s arm and spun her round to face him.

“Get and warn the village, put on the sirens and hid ill hold them off best I can, I love you”

without fighting she ran towards their back-door she didn’t even care she was dragging snow in her clean house it was the least of her worries.

The man turned round to face the people running at him. He took off his large brown coat as it would restrict his movement. He may be an old man but he served his country and he would do so again. A large army tattoo was on his arm as he only wore a vest under his jacket. It was just a bar code nothing special but enough for another soldier to identify his body. With a scream his blue eyes turned yellow and his veins within his body popped up to the surface of his skin they were a bright yellow. His large gritty hands glowed a soft yellow and he stood back and placed his hands in-front of his head, a boxers stance. His wife ran to the centre of town and turned on the sirens as she did people ran out of their houses screaming in panic and fear a few like the woman’s husband got ready for a fight and had weapons in hand. She ran back to her house and saw that she left the back-door open she saw her husband and couldn’t help but shout out.

“You better live Barry!”

He turned and smirked and gave her a glowing thumbs up. She teared up before running into their room upstairs and hiding in the cupboard The sirens were deafening but did there purpose,warned the people of the small village. Barry stood watching the people get closer and closer until they were just out side his small fence that protected his garden. They all looked the same pitch black skin,no hair, no mouth, no ears, no nose only dull pure white eyes. Their hands were dis-formed and twisted with bone sticking out their skin. Barry knew what they were and knew that he would probably lose his life this evening. From the few that jumped over his garden wall more than Barry could count went into other gardens and past the houses into the village centre, the large Zeppelin past over head still dropping more creatures. Four stood surrounding Barry they all for what he could see were ready to rip him to shreds up close and personal with a Heth. He watched as all four of them morphed their mutilated hands into weapons from the skin and bones all them formed crude blades that pointed out from were their hands should be. One jumped forward and sliced at Barry’s face he side stepped it and with a counter smashed the Heth in its chest. A large explosion followed with the Heths torso flying every-were black blood covered the perfect white snow. Before another could attack Barry went on the offensive getting it in the face before the Heth could react. Boom its head exploded into small pieces. The two remaining Heth flew towards Barry swiping aggressively doing everything in their power to kill him. Barry for the most part managed to dodge most of the swipes others he wasn’t lucky enough to dodge only sliced a few layers of skin. Black and red black mixing together in the snow it was creating a scene of hell. The siren was still going loud as well as the screams of women and children running for their lives while men stayed and fought for their family. Barry could not get an attack in all he could do was stay on the defensive the two Heth were fighting as a team. He had to risk it and he flew forward punching one of the Heth in its chest it came at a cost the other one impaled Barry threw his kidney. The blood blew out his side and Barry threw up a lot of blood. It was the end of him he knew it but before he went he had to kill the killer. He spun round and back fisted the Heth in its face with a boom the blood sprayed everywhere. Barry plunged knee first into the deep bloody snow his eyes and veins turned back to normal as did his hands. The blood ran down his mouth and his torso. With a faint smile his face smacked into the soft snow forever burying Barry the fighter.