Chapter 10: History

“This cant be happening it cant be Deox cant die! He is unstoppable!” a tearful Apprentice screamed.

“Calm down kid!” Baal shouted back before pointing his large right hand at what remained of Deox “Not even he was unstoppable! This is a war son get used to seeing the ones you love die!”

A bitter sweet truth. This was a war Amp, Baal, Butch and Voice had been in it since the beginning over nine years ago. They had seen more horrors and lost more friends than Apprentice knew people. His rosy round cheeks red with emotion he screamed out and threw a punch at Baal. Unmoving Baal took it straight into his gut. He looked down at Apprentice unmoving and unhurt whilst Butch, Amp and Voice all looked at them both. 

“That’s it son let out your anger no one will judge you.” Baal said softly almost fatherly but he wasn’t Apprentice's dad he never knew him the only person he saw as his family was Deox. In the short six months they had met he grew attached to Deox. He saw him as a big brother. He still remembered the first day he met Deox. It was up north in sector fifteen. 

“So who is this special guest we will be meeting today master?” Said the boy who would become to be know as Apprentice. 

“You will know when he arrives pup.” Answer a strange middle aged man. He had a light brown beard and wore a open blue vest exposing his perfect figure. His eyes were hidden under a large fedora hat that held a feather. “Just practice your sword work more.”

With a huff the boy started swing his sword up and down in a fashion to anyone else it would be sloppy to a master it was near perfection.

“good pup its getting there soon you will be as good as me.” he said in a low voice.

A grin larger than the boys face spread wide. Confidence grew to every fibre in the boys body. 

“Can as you a question sir?”

“That is one.”

with a bleak and somewhat mad expression on his face Apprentice spoke again. “If you are so good at fighting why aren’t you on the front lines fighting the Heth?”

a smirk covered the man's scruffy face “Well who would look after you? I cant fight until you can fight now can I?”

Still swinging his sword up and down he replied “ I suppose so..”

“Good now stay silent and practice.”

That was the end of the conversation and for a while Apprentice practice the way of the sword. Swing up and down then moved to jabs then disarming techniques all with complete focus and dedication. If the country wasn’t in a crisis he would be considered master level but due to the hard times any so much as potential fighter was recruited. Then usually lost on the front lines. Time went by and the morning came and left. As late afternoon hit, a sudden noise came from the field outside the house Apprentice and his teacher lived. It sounded almost like a vacuum cleaner and thunder together. If it was an attacker it was not a silent one. Apprentice stood ready sword pointing forward towards the field. While his master behind him on a wooden chair slept. This was usually the case, once Apprentice had been ambushed by Heth and all the while his master slept. Once he woke Apprentice broke his nose for making him defend him and kill the Heth alone. 

“Master wake up I think an enemy is here!” shouted Apprentice.

But he just lay there sleeping not a care in the world his hat over his face like nothing was happening. Then he spotted him at his right. Standing taller than him he wore a white mask over his face covering all his face but his left dull blue eye. His bright red hair overlapped some of the mask and he wore a large black overcoat with fine red stitching. The only thought that went through Apprentice's head was if it wasn’t a Heth then the only other attacker would be a Exiled One. He listened to the reports on the radio. They all wore masks and large robes or jackets. This stranger in front of him fit the description to perfection.  Without really thinking Apprentice burst forward jabbing forward attacking the stranger. Almost with ease he side stepped the boys move and countered by gripping his hand and twisting it. Making him scream a little in pain and drop his weapon. 

“You have two many  openings but I admire your bravery for attacking me.” his accent was thick Scottish not like the Irish mixed Australian of his master. Still being held tightly by the stranger the boy grew angry and did something his master told him never to do. He used his ability and from his free hand the air transformed around him and turned into a katanna sword much like the one he dropped. The stranger let go off his wrist with his dull blue eye fully opened. Apprentice swung but narrowly missed the targets stomach. Restless he carried his swing around allowing it to build speed so he unleashed again but this time his target was gone. Impossible Apprentice only took his eyes of him for a second. No one can move that fast. He scanned around looking for the intruder then turned to see his master sitting up talking to the masked enemy. 

“Ah you arrived at last. Your only what” checking the old watch on his wrist. “nine years late.”

“Yea there was problems. I hope there wasn’t to much trouble.”

“No but he still cant control it. Just like nine years ago he may emerge again...” He had never seen his master speak so seriously. “Have you found her?” 

The masked man just looked at Apprentice before answering. “No she disappeared the moment he emerged like she knew what would happen fighting him.” 

“Thank you Bento. I will take him from here.”

Bento the man in the hat and vest shouted over Apprentice to meet their visitor. “Meet Deox Ammon hero of the war.” Apprentice did not say anything but kept a gleam eye on the masked man. “From here on out he will be looking after you. He will teach you that I cannot. “

“Wait what why cant I stay here! Was I bad I did all the training!” Protested Apprentice.

“Am sorry boy but your name will also stay with Bento.. The people you are going to meet also left their names for the good of the war.” Spoke Deox.

“What even my name! Its the only thing I have left of my true family!” 

“Dont worry it will always be with you.” Bento pointed to the boys chest. “But your new one will give hope to people you will be part of something big not in the highlands training with me. Your new name will be Apprentice.”

tears forming in Apprentice eyes. “Thank you Master Bento I will visit soon I promise.” He just nodded to the boy with a smile.

Deox looked at the boy then to Bento. “Thanks. You know what to do now.” Bento again saying nothing nodded and waved to Apprentice. 

Behind Apprentice the loud vacuum noise with thunder started again and a large portal with purple and blue lighting stood large behind him.

“Come Apprentice its time to make a difference.”

That was the first meeting of Deox and Apprentice. He had tried to kill him thinking he was an Exiled One and to protect his master. Apprentice wondered why he thought of this now when he was angry and upset. Then rage consumed him why did all the people he loved have to be taken away from him. Baal, Amp, Butch and Voice watched the teenage boy scream his lungs out. All them did not intervene as it was how they all felt they had lost a great fighter and a good friend. Then the thing Baal feared the most happened. Apprentice snapped. 

________________________________________________________________________________

 This is the final Version of this chapter Please Read, Vote and Comment. Thanks.