Chapter 5: Old Friends.

Deox and Apprentice walked for an hour in the cold snowy city. Their destination still no where in sight Apprentice started to moan.

“we have been walking for ages. Are we there yet?”

“No stop whining and keep walking.”

“So what’s this guys name and why is he called The Banished One?”

“His names Butch Artwish and I suppose since your an Anti-Exiled One I can tell you. Butch was in the war nine years ago and a great help. he always fought with his four team mates. They were called the elements, fire,earth,water and air. All common abilities but these four were great fighters all on their own equal to be fit to join The Anti-Exiled Ones but together they turned the tide of the battle. Until it happened.”

“What happened” Apprentices eyes and mouth was open within his snow googles.

“The battle was fierce and deadly we lost many people. Butch ability is more a tactician he relies on others and guns to fight.”

“Wait why was he considered to be part of the element? He doesn’t have a elemental power.”

“Butch's ability is more elite intelligence. A master of everything he puts his mind to. I have fought him many times to be left at a stand still.” kicking some snow up with his left foot he continued on     “ but on the field his team members all died around him, They ran into a team of Exiled Ones. It was a hell of a fight. Butch was helpless and something snapped in him. He ran from the battle, a coward.”

Knowing how much Deox hates cowards Apprentice stayed silent before talking.”So that’s why he's banished?”

“No what he did after he ran is worse. After he ran he cowardly hid in safety until the Exiled Ones took down the elements. After words he did something to them. And that’s the reason he's banished.”

Apprentice stood in place while Deox continued forward ploughing through the snow.

“What did he do to them?”

“If you walk faster you can ask him yourself.”

The new knowledge Apprentice got from Deox inspired him to walk faster than before even over taking Deox in the snow. Deox was not one to be over taken by a kid and it turned into a race of who could over take the other.

As they reached the top of a hill Deox stood pointing to a large tower block.

“There it is. Portobello High School.”

“That isn’t that a block of flats its four stories high.”

“Used to be eight but that was before the war. Now lets go meet Butch.” turning round to Apprentice “Let me do the talking. He's a little eh..... mental.”

Apprentice just nodded and followed Deox. The three hour walk was about to end. Getting closer to the school Apprentice noticed the School was surrounded by a large blue fence. And with one opening with two large men guarding the gate door. They both stood in the snow with fine black suits. One had scaly skin and the other had rock for skin. Apprentice had seen many people like this before. Deox walked up to them both.

“Hello gentlemen I am here to see my good friend Butch.”

They looked at each other before opening up the gate. Apprentice stayed close to Deox as both them towered over him and he didn’t like the look the reptile guy was giving him. As they entered the ground they made there way to a blue painted door with stairs. Opening them up was easy and they both got out the cold snowy weather. The hallway they entered was pure concrete nothing special all it had in it was stairs nothing else. They walked up twelve steps then a small landing then another twelve steps to a level.