Chapter 7: Free For All.

Darkness had fallen on the city. Street lights from a few building glowed brightly for the few people still staying within the destroyed city. Walking closer and closer to the castle the alley ways and street was getting smaller and smaller as well as narrower. Apprentice hated how up hill the castle was. Every time he moaned about it Deox would give him a quick slap at the back of his head and told him to keep going. The mile was the same as it was hundreds of years ago one of the few remaining pieces of Old Edinburgh. Deox loved it a piece of history that lasted through time. Due to the war some of the mile was destroyed but it still held what made it an old piece of history. Near the top Deox spotted a shadow of a man hiding from them.

He never let on he saw anything. Apprentice was oblivious to the shadow and kept walking and moaning. Deox just put it to the back of his head thinking maybe it was a survivor hiding from Heth. As they continued to walk Deox heard a rustle as if something was being quickly grabbed out a back or pouch. Years of battle's had made Deox’s senses better than the average persons. He put him self on guard and waited to see what happened. As they closed in to the gates Deox placed a small vortex behind him to suck up any flying objects.  Wasting no time Deox spun round and as did Apprentice pulled out his sword mid -swing.

Charging towards the scruffy hair attacker they launched. As they were attacking  Cole snapped his fingers. Apprentice stopped expecting something to fly at him but nothing came. Deox kept charging no hesitation. Deox launched his right fist into the attackers pale face but was met with a surprise he went through the guy. Deox stumbled and with surpirise in his eye.

“A hitman should not be seen. A hitman should not be heard. A hitman should always be on mark. A hitman cannot fail. These are the rules all hitman live by and within the last few seconds you have managed to spit on them. Luckily for you I am a forgiving person. I am in no mood to fight with you Deox Ammon.” Cole's voice bellowed from the sky.  “You see I have a contract to complete and I have a sneaky suspicion that you are here for the same mark.” 

Deox replied “If your mark the Exiled One? then yes it appear's we will have a problem we cant have you Killing out Intel source on the Exiled Ones now can we.”Deox turned to Apprentice “Run into the castle and find the Exiled One!” 

Apprentice spun round and sprinted at the entrance of the castle.

“My my fast child to bad for you it’s useless I am already in the castle.” Cole boasted

“What!”a surprised Deox blurted out

“You are within my powers. This is all an illusion. The great Deox didn’t even notice in a way I am proud. Even the child is within my powers he could spend the next year running around the castle without ever knowing he is under my great illusion.  Let’s see who can find the mark first. You and that brat or me, the great hitman Cole Brent.”

Deox felt a ripple all around him like a swift gust of wind. He was no longer under the illusion he could feel it he had known from fighting other illusionists that thier was always a trigger for endng it. He ran towards the castle entrance hoping to find the Exiled One before Cole. 

In side the walls of the castle was dark and damp. Apprentice hated it he loved cool areas with plenty of light not damp old castles. He knew his mission was to find the Exiled One but he had no idea were he or she would be or what he  or she looked like.  Ten minutes of running was the limit for Apprentice he had to catch his breath while he did he noticed something strange. Had he just ran in a circle? He was sure that he had passed through this corridor before as he had seen the same damaged door before. It was blue and hanging  at a angle.  Apprentice in a panic ran again going different ways into different rooms; every room he entered was the same as the last to the finest detail. Apprentice sick of this tried calling Deox but the phone had no signal. He was trapped in this looping hell. He smashed his fists into the stone wall screaming. He had only one option left. He tried making a door. As he did a door formed and he opened it to be shown the same room as before. No bigger than an average kitchen. It had a sofa in the middle and a television at the side. A fridge at the back of the room and a cooker to the left of it. This was the twelfth time he had seen it. Apprentice slumped to his knees and Howled in despair.