Chapter 2: Back at Base.

Laying on the cold steel table within the large white room Deox moaned as his chest burned with pain. He was alone and his masks was left on his face. His large overcoat was taken off to better inspect his wound, His entire right side of his torso was heavily scarred and damaged, old wounds covered his body the newest a large cut from his left shoulder down to his right kidney stood out the most. Deox groaned and moaned a little, the pain was still like sharp knives running down his torso. Turning his head to the right Deox noticed the large one sided window. He knew were he was. Back at base. It was a large underground building that was specially made for the start of the war and was never going to be used for long term, that was the plan anyway. At the door next to the window was a black over coat hung up, Deox's overcoat. He pushed himself up of the steel bed and into a sitting position looking straight at the window.

“So what time is it?”

A woman’s voice replied it was Voice “Its ten am, Wednesday”

“Nice I have only been out for what more than twelve hours.”

“Yes a briefing will be happening soon,”

“What about Apprentice he was pretty cut up?”

“He's fine now it will take a while before all the pain goes away but Void did a good job patching him up.”

Deox stood up and slowly walked over to his coat while putting it on he continued to talk. “So when is this briefing and who attending?”

“Me, You, Amp, Rush, Void, Clanktrap and Baal. Apprentice will not be attending due to him being on the agenda.”

Deox just looked at the glass window as he did the buttons up on his coat. “When is it?”

“twenty minutes ill see you there.”

With that the conversation was ended. Voice was like that no good byes no am going she said what see needed and left. Deox always found it rude and annoying but she was good at her job so it was worth the rudeness. As he finished putting on his overcoat he left the room to enter a large long white hallway full of busy people running back and forth with documents and weapons. The body guards were easy to spot from the Intel group as their uniform was completely different. The Intel wore large lab coats with a symbol of the Scottish flower on there backs while the guards had almost full body blue riot gear on with 'T.H.R.U' written in white on every piece of plating. At the side they would hold a weapon usually a sword or a spear. Due to the war lasting over ten years and Scotland being cut of from the other countries supply's were low and only the high ranked were allowed guns. Deox walked slowly still a little weak from the attack and previous days fr-antic’s. It would take him at least another four hours before he was at one hundred percent. He knew the room he would need to get to it was right at the end of this huge white hallway he swerved and dodged all the running people anyone new would think they were in a state of panic but this was usual at the Anti-Exiled Ones and Tactical Heth Response Unit Base of Operations. After a couple of minutes of manoeuvre work he made it to a couple of large double doors. He pushed them both open to get a dramatic entrance. The room was large with lots of chairs all facing in a circle to the centre were a stand stood for speeches. In the middle was an old man with short hair and a large scar from his forehead to his chin. In almost a circle shape like a banana or so Deox thought. It was Rush a speed-star and not a common one a very very fast one. He stood with a frown staring at Deox he was not amused with his amazing entrance. At least Deox got one chuckle from the audience and it came from Amp. A man around the same height as Deox with blue sleek hair and a blue goatee. His face was young and his eyes burned blue that went through you. He wore a large blue overcoat same as Deox's and had a bandaged left hand. It was waving at Deox while he smirked with laughter from Deox's antics. Next to Amp was Voice a red haired woman she always wore dresses or something formal she hated the uniform so never wore it. Though it seemed all ten of the Anti-Exiled Ones didn’t wear their uniforms but Rush, His clothes were the same as the guards only it was a dark blue with no helmet that hid his face and with white writing with 'A.E.O' imprinted around the uniform it was bulky and hard to move around in but not for Rush he had speed on his side. The other eight did not. Walking over to the free chair next to Amp Deox sat down still being frowned at by Rush.