Chapter 9: Aftermath.

Apprentice could hear faint noises almost like people talking. They were muffled and hard to understand but with every second that went by he could understand it more and more. He had a sharp knife like pain in his head. Groaning Apprentice tried to get up but couldn’t he had no strength in his arms. Slamming back down onto the makeshift table bed his head hit a very very flat pillow.

“He is awake go get the others they will want to know about this.” It was a woman’s and one Apprentice had heard recently. Turning his head slightly he saw her it was one of the twins from when they met Butch. Apprentice worked out that she must have spoken to the other one to get the others.

Laying on the bed tired, weak and in pain Apprentice just watched the twin look over at him. He noticed his clothes were dirty with rubble and the odd patch here and there had holes from rocks. Apprentice was a little sad he liked this top. Minutes passes as Apprentice lay on he table with his pounding head before the door opened once more and Baal with Butch walked through.

Butch had a hint of sadness in his hairy face while Baal was indifferent as usual. They both walked over to Apprentice as he pulled himself up to speak to them.

“How did I get here?” asked a tired Apprentice.

“Deox brought you here along with the Exiled Ones body.”replied Butch.

A faint smile was on Apprentice's face. “ah so were is Deox?”

Baal spoke before Butch could “This is why we are here. Am sorry lad. He is dead.”

The words didn’t make sense to Apprentice. Deox dead no never he was unstoppable. “Lies Deox is fine he always is!” tears forming in his eyes.

“Am sorry Apprentice, A portal opened outside of the building you, Deox and the Dead Exiled One appeared out of it. We did all we could before the Anti-Exiled Ones arrived and turned this place into a make shift base.” Butch said sadly.

“I want to see his body your lying!!” somehow Apprentice found strength and pushed himself painfully of the bed standing up looking at Baal and Butch.

Looking down at the angry and sad Apprentice Baal replied to his anger “Come with me then boy.”

Butch grabbed onto Apprentice and helped him slowly and painfully move forward the fight with Kane took a lot out of the boy. A slow few minutes followed as they moved from one room to the next passing Tactical Heth Response Unit troopers and some of Butch s bodyguards in the fall way. Everyone’s face had a little sadness on it. As they approached the room were Deox body lay. Amp was outside with Rush as they saw Apprentice their gaze moved to him to the floor. Shame in both their faces.

“Its not true Amp tell me its not!” asked a panicked Apprentice.

“Am sorry Apprentice.... he’s gone.”

Rush just stood silent watching the tears run down Apprentices red round cheeks. Baal opened the door to the room. The doors were blue and plain nothing special at all but Apprentice couldn’t help but notice every little detail the scratched initials of names into the wood. This was the most important door opening of his life and it felt the longest. As it opened Apprentice saw Voice in a long black dressed slumped over a bed with a large white sheet over it hiding the body. She turned to the open door to she Baal, Butch, Apprentice, Amp and Rush staring back at her clown like face. The tears had made her eye-liner run down her usually pretty face and her lipstick was running a little from drooling while she was in a fit of tears.

“Am so sorry Apprentice. He was a great man.” Voice said unsteadily.

A great silence fell in the room as Baal walked forward and pulled the sheet off Deox. His body an unholy sight to behold. His torso on the left side was completely burned his skin had turned into red charcoal. The scars on his left side that were as plain as day now hidden. His face was covered with bandages but was ripe with blood.

“Why is his face covered at least uncover it!” Screamed Apprentice.

“No he kept his face hidden for a reason and we will respect that even in death. Not even I know what he truly looks like under that and I never will.” Responded Baal.

Deox's left arm was missing completely destroyed. His left leg was also gone. It was amazing he even made a portal in the first place.

“Void did the best he could but he was too far gone to do anything.” Baal said softly.”Do not worry Apprentice he will get a funeral and the highest medal for his country.

Tears running down his face Apprentice replied “What was his real name?”

A stunned Baal looked down at the body before replying in the most soft voice ever. “I don’t know.”

Everyone in the room was stunned now one knew his real name only his alias Deox Ammon a hidden warrior with no face no name died today.

______________________________________________________________________________

This is the final Version of this chapter Please Read, Vote and Comment. Thanks. 

((Please Read!! The following Chapters may not make much sense as to this point I have editted it. The only other chapter after this point to be re-touched to my hopeful final version is Chapter 14. As it is talking about the past you can read and not miss any plot.))