Chapter 1: Meeting Gerard Way

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hazel Iero was an odd kid. Hazel & her brother moves in with her grandparents at the 7, starting at a new school. Hazel ends up befriending Gerard Way. What happens when songs that Gerard sings for her describe their story together?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: 13 march.
Dear Diary
I am Hazel Lilac Iero. Im only 7 and I have a twin brother called Frank. We live with my grandma and grandpa. I got to go to school now. Bye!

I push my diary under my pillow and run to the car with my bag. I'm gonna be starting school today with my brother Frank. Our grandma drives us to school and takes us to the school gate.

"Now, I'll pick you two up after school okay? Wait in the playground for me." My grandma smiles and kisses up on the head then turns to walk back to the car.

We walk to the schools' turf and look around. As Frank says bye and walks away to find his class, I suddenly feel something yank my straight, black hair. I yelp in pain and turn around to see three boys behind me.

"You're new! We hate new kids!" One said and pulled my hair again.

I yelped as the other two started pulling my hair as well. They kept on doing it until a boy came over.

"Oli, Ronnie, Kellin, leave her alone!" The boy said. He was a bit chubby and had black hair that went to his shoulders. They all laughed and one of them tripped me up.

"Oh yeah Way? What are you going to do about it?" One shoved him as the other two snickered. They all faced me and started kicking me on the ground.

I started crying in pain, when I saw the black haired boy quickly curl over me, protecting me like a shell. He winced in pain as the kicked harder.

"Look! He's using all his fat to help her!" They all laughed and walked away as the bell went.

"I'm sorry." I whisper as I roll over to face him.

"Why? They're just jerks!" The boy scoffed. I hug him and he hugs me back.

"Thank you." I whisper. "I'm Hazel Iero."

"I'm Gerard Way." He smiles and I smile back. Gerard helps me up and we look around. School did start. Suddenly, I see my brother running around. When he sees us he runs towards us.

"You're late- What happened?" He says pointing at me.

~~~~~~~~~~

I ended up telling him what happened and he took me and Gee to the nurse. She just said we had a few bruises. The boys got detention for a week and it's now lunch time.

Frank and I walk over to a tree and sit under it. I suddenly see Gerard hang upside down infront of me from the tree.

"Hi Hazel, mind joining me?" He giggles. I nod and he swings me up in the tree. We sit and talk about how old we are. I found out he was 7 too. Also, we talked about stuff we like, including drawing, music, people, food, colors, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~

(TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY MIKEY'S UNICORN IN A RAINBOW TARDIS!)

The final bell went and Frank was kicking a ball around in the playground with his new friend Bob. Grandma said we had to wait in the playground, so I walked there and sat under the blue slide. As I sat there, a girl walked up to me.

"Hey stupid." The girl said. She had wavy blonde hair and blue eyes. "You're gross, ugly and dumb!" She squealed.

"Hey Ellie! Leave her alone!" I look behind Ellie, to see Gerard. I smiled.

"What are you gonna do about it, chubby chum chum!" She giggled. 

He tripped her up, causing her to fall in a mud puddle. As she started crying, Gerard grabbed my hand and pulled me up a tree. I was amazed as he glided on the branches; gracefully jumping. He smiled at me and pulled me up on an thick branch.

"Don't listen to her, Hazel. You're perfect." He whispers. 

I hug him and we sit like that for ages. He played with my hair and I stuck leaves in his. We both giggled 'til we heard a chorus of 'Geebear' and 'Hazel nut'. 

Gerard grabs my hands and slowly helps me down the giant tree. A woman with curly blonde hair is talking to my grandma with Frank by her side. We hold hands and walk up to them.

"Don't take her away from me, mommy!" Gerard whined as he hugged me tightly. The lady and my grandma laughed.

"I'm sorry Geebear, but she has to go home with her nan." Gerard's mum said. He pouted. 

"How about you come over tomorrow?" My grandma smiled. Gerard and I lit up and nodded. Before I walked away with Frank and Grandma, I gave Gerard a huge hug. He hugged me back and giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you like it so far, vote or comment, love ya'll

~Dino