Chapter 3: Happy birthday sunshine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously in House of Gold,

I got dressed in my night gown and sat on the windowsill, watching the glittery stars. I fell asleep watching them, because they reminded me of Gerard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: October 31st
Dear diary
It's Frank and my birthday today! We are turning 9! Grandma said we could invite two people each and have a sleepover. I invited Gee. Frank invited Bob and Ray.

"Hazel, Frank, your friends are here!" My grandma shouts. I ran downstairs and smiled to Frank; he didn't know I invited Gerard. My grandma opened the door and Gerard came rushing in, hugging me tighty.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAZEL NUT!!" He sang and spinned me around. I look over to see Frank growling.. Like he is actually growling like a dog. My grandma whacks him on the head.

"Frank, you are to be nice to Gerard and leave him alone. Do I make myself clear young man?" She said sternly. He grumbled a yes and she went to the kitchen. "BIRTHDAY CAKE SOON OKAY?" She yelled and we all raced upstairs to our rooms.

Soon as Gerard and I got to my room, we slammed the door shut and sat on my bed.

"Gerard, do you have any formal clothes?"

"Uh? I have clean underwear for once? Is that formal?" He giggled.

"Eww Gee! Gross!" I giggle. "I'll put you in one of Frank's suits!" He nods and I grab his hand, intertwining our fingers. We walk to Frank's room and I open the door. Ray has his back turnt to us, playing guitar, Bob is smiling at us and Frank looks angry.

"We came here for a suit?" I ask Frank. He rolls his eyes and points to the dresser. I smile and pull Gerard with me.

"So Gerard? Why are you here?" Ray questions.

"Hazel's birthday" He says in a 'duh' tone.

"Why don't you hang out with boys? Why don't you let Hazel hang out with girls?"

"Because I would rather hang out with Geebear instead of those dumb bimbos." I sass at Ray for Gerard and yanked him back to my room with a suit I picked out. It was black with a red tie. 

I gave it to him and shoved him into the bathroom to get dressed. Whilst he got changed, I quickly put a black dress on. He came out and smiled at me. I took his hand and we went downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where's your nan?" He whispers. I smile.

"You'll see." I reply and take him outside at the back.

There were 6 giant tables all lined together with food covering them. Fairy lights decorated the trees and my swing. I started to see family members turn up while Ray plugged in his ipod in the speakers. Gerard looked amazed.

"Your family is huge, yeah?" He said and stared at my family turning up.

"Yeah, I have lots of cousins too." I say. He smiles and nods.

For a while we just sat there and talked, watching Frank mingle with our cousins and aunts. It was quiet entertaining actually. We started talking about how his younger brother loved unicorns, until I felt someone hug me.

"HAPPY B-DAY LITTLE COUSIN!" I heard my favorite cousin, Rita, sing. Rita was 21. I smiled and looked up to see her flashing a big smile before handing me a present. "Open it!" I opened it to find a mini art kit in it. Gerard's smile grew huge and took it from me.

"I have an amazing idea for your present! BRB HAZEL NUT!" Gerard say as he took off with it. Rita smirked and sat next to me.

"So who's that?"

"That's Gerard."

"Do you like him?" She nudged me playfully. I heard Frank yell from the table 'You better not!'.

"Kinda." I whisper to her.

"Ohhh, Hazel likes Gerard?" She whispered back. "I won't tell" She said before walking away.

~~~~~~~~~

(TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY GERARD'S NASTY UNDERWEAR XD)

The whole family sat at the table and talked for awhile. Gerard still hadn't came back. Grandma smiled an said it was time to give the presents. I got some clothes, necklaces, money and drumsticks. Grandma was about to say cake time, but I told her Gerard hadn't come back yet.

He suddenly came rushing back. He smiled and as he hugged me, I heard some of my cousins gasp.

"Happy birthday, Hazel nut." He said and handed me a piece of paper. I gasp at the sight.

It was a beautiful drawing of me. It was very detailed too, but the eyes are what stood out. He painted my eyes only and the glittery hazel iris' looked outstanding. In the background it said neatly:

I will make you queen of everything you see, I'll put you on the map, I'll cure you of disease.

It also had a mini message that made my heart melt. I smiled and gave him a huge kiss on the cheek, earning the family wolf whistling. Gerard blushed and Frank was not pleased by my actions.

"What did it say, to cause him getting a kiss from Hazel?" Rita smirked. My grandma took it off me as Gerard sat next to me and started to read it out.

"Dear Hazel nut,
Did you know I've done a song for you?
I might have to sing it for you one day.
Thank you for being the light in my darkness,
Remember you're perfect to me.
Happy birthday sunshine - Love Geebear xoxo"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOPE YOU LIKE THE FLUFFNESS! VOTE OR COMMENT! LOVE YA'LL

~Dino