Chapter 2: Frank is peanut butter & jelly?

(House and surroundings!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously in House of Gold,

"How about you come over tomorrow?" My grandma smiled. Gerard and I lit up and nodded. Before I walked away with Frank and Grandma, I gave Gerard a huge hug. He hugged me back and giggled.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: 14 march
Dear Diary
I am Hazel! And Im Gerard! Gerards at my house today and Hazel showed me her diary. She said I could write with her in it!
See u later diary. BYE!!

I quickly put it away as I heard Frank coming upstairs. He just came home from guitar lessons. As he entered my room to greet me, he froze when he saw Gerard.

"Why is he here!" Frank snapped. "I thought I told you to stay away from my sister!"

"Frank! Are you being nice up there?" Grandma yelled from downstairs.

"Stay away from us.. Stay away from Hazel.." He grumbled as he walked to his room.

I turnt to face Gerard, when I noticed his head was hanging down and he looked very sad. I felt bad. I leaned over and hugged him softly.

"Don't listen to him, Gerard. He's just peanut butter and jelly." I whisper in his ear. Gerard nodded and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled and kissed his cheek back. He scrunched up his face and giggled.

"Do you wanna play outside?" I asked. Gerard nodded and we ran downstairs to be greeted by grandma and Frank making cookies.

"I thought I told you to stay away from her?" Frank hissed. Grandma whacked him softly and shook her head.

"Don't listen to Frank, Gerard. He's just being protective. Now go have fun and I'll get you when the cookies are ready!" She giggled. I took Gerard's hand and ran outside.

I lived in the middle of nowhere. Hills covered in dry grass surrounded us. My house was big and a light yellow color, sitting on a hill with a couple trees on the side. There was this one tree that I loved because it was right outside my window and had a little swing on it.

I giggled and grabbed Gerard, dragging him to the swing.

"Push me, push me!" I sang as he started to push me. "Higher!" Gerard kept pushing until he had an idea. 

He helped me off and pulled some felts out of his pocket. I sat infront of him and we drew on eachother's faces. I giggled and played with his hair. 

Soon after, grandma came out with the cookies. Gerard and I shared a cookie because they were huge. As grandma went inside, I saw Frank staring at Gerard before walking away.

Gerard lied next to me in the dried up meadow and started singing.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

He smiled at me before sitting up. I sat up too and watched him sing to me. It was amazing.

"I'll always love you and make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me to love another,
You'll regret it all one day

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

He finished with a toothy smile, showing one of his missing front teeth. 

"That was beautiful Gerard!" We hear his mom, Donna, say. We turn around to see my grandma smiling, Donna clapping, and Frank rolling his eyes. "Come on honey, time to go home."

I looked back at Gerard and gave him a small hug.

"Thank you Gee, I loved it." I whisper in his ear. He smiled and blushed. "Bye Geebear!"

"Bye Hazel nut!" He said and waved as he walked to his car with his mom.

When Gerard left I helped grandma clean the cookie dishes and when I checked the time, it was 8:00 P.M. I said goodnight to grandma and made my way upstairs to my room. 

I got dressed in my night gown and sat on the windowsill, watching the glittery stars.

I fell asleep watching them, because they reminded me of Gerard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you like the fluff in there! This was super cute to write. Vote or comment, love ya'll!

~Dino