Chapter 12: Not 1, not 2, but 3!

(A/N AT THE END WILL BE A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously in House of Gold,

"She said that you were a sweet boy and she was going to make lunch." I reply with a giggle.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a couple of weeks and I've been getting really hungry. I've also been puking more in the mornings but I don't know, flu? I woke up and rushed to the bathroom, puking in the toilet. I felt soft hands rubbing my back. Gerard.

"Are you okay, Hazel? This has been happening for a while? Wanna go to the doctors?" Gerard whispers softly in my ear.

I nod, flush the toilet and brush my teeth. Gerard wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my cheek before going downstairs. When we walk into the kitchen, I'm greeted by grandma and Frank talking at the table.

"FRANKIE HAS A GIRLFRIEND!" My grandma declares.

"Nonna!" Frank whines.

Gerard and I sit down.

"Who?" I smirk.

"Jamia Nestor.." He mumbles.

"THE GIRL ACROSS THE ROAD?! GO FRANKIE STEIN!" I cheer and kiss him on the cheek. "Now you can stop smoking pot because you have a lady friend." I laugh.

"You smoke pot!" Grandma yelps and he nods slowly.

"Can you take me to the doctors?" I try to change the subject. "I think I'm sick."

"Okay, in the car you three." My grandma smiles as we all crawl in the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got there grandma talked to the receptionist whlist we waited for a while.

"Ms. Iero, may you please follow me?" A kind lady said.

I nod and follow her to a room. A couple test later and she came back with a bunch of papers with a simple face expression.

"Ms. Iero, we have some news for you." She says softly.

Oh no is it about my cancer? Have I gotten worst? Was I puking my brains out?

"Okay.." I respond.

"Ms Iero, you're pregnant." She states.

I go in shock and open my mouth. How is that possible?

"But the chance was 1 in 10000? They said I couldn't have kids?" I say.

"There was still a chance, was there not?" She replies.

I nod when we suddenly we hear a knock on the door. I get a little startled and the doctor goes to answer the door. It's another doctor and they mumble words to each other. Soon Gerard, Frank and grandma comes in. Frank.

"Frank get out." I order.

He looks at me with sorrow and hurtness as he leaves. The doctor leaves us alone for me to tell them. I start crying and Gerard wraps his arms around me.

"I'm sorry, nonna, I'm sorry, Gerard." I say ashamed.

"What's wrong?" They say in unison.

"Nonna , sono incinta .." I say.

She gasps.

"How? How is it possible?"

"I don't know." I sob.