Chapter 1

Above picture is Cassidy.

"I have decided your potion partners for this semester," Professor Slughorn said. "They are now posted on the board." I wait until most of the people have cleared and look on the board. I scan for my name until I find it.
Cassidy Dremins................ Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin. I've seen him in the halls. He's part of the most popular group in the school. I think they call themselves the Marauders. James Potter, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, and Remus Lupin. He's the most.......quiet out of all of them. He's a perfect, and I don't think I've ever seen him without a book.
"Alright class! Now find a table with your partner," Slughorn says. I see Remus already sitting at a table up front, so I head up there and take a seat. "Hello Remus," I say. He nods. "Hello Cassidy," He replies. "Call me Cassie," I say to him. He smiles. "Hello Cassie," He says. I smile back. "Hello Remus."
"Today you will be making a Draught of Living Death potion. Thirty points to the first pair that gets if done," Slughorn informs us. Remus looks at me. "I hope you're good at potions," He says. I smirk. "Good? I'm almost as good as Severus Snape," I say. Remus looks at me like I'm mad. "Prove it," He says.
I rush over to the cabinet and get all the nessacery ingredients. I can make this potion from memory. Sev and I spent months and three cauldrons perfecting this potion. When Remus does something that takes up more time, I correct him, showing him shortcuts. After an hour and ten minutes, our potion is complete. "Perfect!" Slughorn exclaims, dropping a flower into the cauldron. "Thirty points to Gryffindor! You two may be dismissed half an hour early."
After getting outside, Remus and I high five. "Good job," He says. "Thank you. Your work was good too," I reply. After going our separate ways, I go up to the dorms, since potions is my last class. Molly comes in looking absolutely exhausted. "Remind me why I decided to take ancient ruins again?" She asks. "You have a crush on Arthur Weasley," I respond. She blushes the same color as her hair and smiles. "Thank you for that," She says. "You're welcome," I reply.
We get ready for dinner, and go to our usual end of the table. Only this time it's occupied by four certain boys. Molly, being outgoing and bold, grabs my arm and drags me over to them. "Excuse me, but you seem to be occupying our seats," She says. James barely looks up. "Your names aren't on it," He says. Surprisingly, I find myself speaking up. "We have sat there since first year. Five years ago." Molly looks at me in surprise.
"You're pretty." The one I think called Peter says to me. "Thank you?" I reply. It comes out more like a question. Peter grins. "You're welcome." The one I think is Sirius looks up. "Why are you still here?" He asks. Molly sighs, exasperated. "These are our seats. The rest of the table is full," She says. James snorts. "That's why we're sitting here."
I roll my eyes. "Whatever. I know you don't like it Molly, but we have to sit with Sev," I say. James looks up. "The greasy haired git?" He asks. "You mean my other best friend," I say, and then I stalk over to the Slytherin table. Sev sits alone as usual. "Hey Sev," I say. He nods. "Hey Cassie. Hello Molly," He says, nodding at Molly who reluctantly slid into the seat next to me. "O-oh! Hello Severus," Molly says nervously. She's not a fan of Slytherins. Sev and I converse while Molly is silent. After an hour, I decide to go back to the dorms. Molly follows me. "Who's your potions partner?" Molly asks. "Remus Lupin," I reply. Molly sighs. "I'm sorry," She says. I giggle a bit. "He's not so bad away from the rest of them. He's actually quite charming," I say. Molly's eyes grow wide. "Really?" She asks. I nod.
We sit in the common room and do homework for hours and hours, but it's all finished. At midnight, we finally get to bed. I collapse into bed exhausted. "Night Molly," I say. "Night Cassie," She replies.
The next morning, we get up and rush to get to breakfast. When we get there, no Marauders are sitting in our spot. In fact, they aren't there at all. Molly and I look at each other and run to our seats. Much to our dismay however, by the time the Marauders get to breakfast, the only empty seats are next to us. I really hope that if anybody has to sit next to me, it's Remus. Instead, Sirius Black, the playboy, slides in next to me. I look at Molly, and she looks at me. At least she gets to sit next to Remus.
Sirius puts an arm around my shoulders. "If you want to keep that arm, I suggest you get it off me," I say. Molly lets out a snort. "C'mon babe, don't act like you're not thrilled to have me touching you," Sirius says. I laugh. Really hard. "Whatever. Control yourself," I say. "Because when dogs can't control themselves, we neuter them."
    Sirius looks frightened for a moment, and Molly breaks out into full out laughter. Remus lets out a snort, as does James. Sirius slowly retracts his arm from my shoulders. "I like you. You're like our pet now," James says. Remus pats me on the head. "Good Cassie."
I turn my head to Sirius and let out a very real sounding growl. It sounds real because..... Well because my dad was a werewolf. I inherited some fun traits, such as being able to see in the dark, running fast, and growling. Remus's eyes widen. Could he know something? He couldn't...... Could he?
Molly and I find ourselves getting more comfortable around the boys. We even laugh at a few of their jokes.
"I have to get to Defense Against the Dark Arts," I say. "So do we," James replies. "We'll walk together." Sirius says. As I get up, Sirius slips an arm around my waist. "Nope," I say. Sirius grins. "Too bad."
In Defense Against the Dark Arts, we're dueling. "You may pick your partners," Professor Macloon says. Remus comes over to me. "Up for a little challenge?" He asks. I smirk. "Bring it on."
As soon as the professor tells us to go, Remus sends a disarming spell my way. "Protego!" I shout, blocking it. Our duel goes on for what seems like forever. Finally, I yell out a charm that makes Remus fly into the air, and he drops his wand. I grab it and let out a victorious shout. "I win!" I yell.
The rest of class is spent with Remus and I taking turns winning. Every time I win, Remus gives me a crooked smile that gave me a fluttering feeling in my stomach for some reason. It's weird, I've never felt this feeling. Could I be nervous around Remus?