Chapter 16

The next evening, Charlie comes to eat dinner with us. Mrs. Weasley stuffs everyone with as much as they can eat and then some. After we're all finished though, Charlie grabs my bag from beside the door and turns around.
    "We better be on our way," he says, kissing his mum on the cheek. She smiles at the both of us. "Of course! So will we be seeing you at the train station?" She asks. Charlie nods and ruffles my hair. "Of course Mum, I have to make sure ickle V gets on the train alright." Scowling, I fix my hair as we walk out the door after I finish telling Mum goodbye.
    Charlie pulls me tightly to him and apparates to Romania. When we land, I stumble a bit and lean against him. "I hate apparation," I laugh. He laughs with me. "It gets better when you do it alone," he responds.
    "So," Charlie says. "Let me throw this in here," he tells me, tossing my bag inside his cottage. "Charlie!" I laugh as he pulls me along. "Shush. We're going to be late," he says. "To what?" I shriek as he throws me over his shoulder.
    After a few moments, he puts me down and checks his watch. "Right on time," he says. Turning around, I see the sky light up. "What is this?" I ask. Charlie grins. "It's ten. The lightning bugs always light up at ten." Charlie sits down beneath a tree. I sink down to the ground beside him and look around at the fireflies fly around.
    We watch them for a long time, talking about a bit of everything. "So seventh year," Charlie says as I lay my head in his lap sleepily. "Yeah I'll be getting a job if I can survive NEWTs," I laugh. "I believe in you!" Charlie chuckles.
    "Hey Charlie?" I ask quietly. "Yeah V?" He asks in response. "Do you really believe in love?" I ask. Charlie slowly plays with my hair, making me sleepy. "I do. I believe in it because I feel it." I smile at the fact that someone has caught Charlie's heart. "What's she like?" I ask him. He smiles.
    "She's amazing. She's beautiful and smart and she lets me talk forever. She's so clumsy but I love that about her. She's everything I ever want and I've loved her for ages."
    "Wow. Does she work here?" I ask. Charlie shakes his head. "Nah. She's not very passionate about dragons," he responds. "Can I meet her?" I ask. He laughs at this. "You already have V," he replies.
    "It's getting late," Charlie says, getting up and pulling me with him. Not letting go of my hand, he leads me to his small cottage. "You look sleepy," Charlie tells me. Laughing, I go into the bathroom and put on my pajamas. When I come out, Charlie has made up a bed on the couch.
    "I'll sleep here. You can have the bed," he tells me. Shaking my head, I flop down on the couch. "Nah I'm fine," I reply, covering up. "Goodnight Charlie," I say. "Goodnight V," he replies.
    Sometime in the middle of the night, I wake up screaming. Charlie comes running into the room with his wand drawn. "V! What is it?" He demands. "I'm fine. It was just a bad dream," I tell him. "Merlin V, you're all pale," he says, walking over and running his hand down my face.
    "Come into my room okay? I'll wake you up if you have another dream." I nod and let Charlie take my hand and lead me to his room. We both crawl into the bed and face toward each other.
    "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks. "It's just a fear I have. It's always that Voldemort will capture me. He knows I'm mostly werewolf and he calls me a monster and so many other things and he tortures me," I say quietly. "Char I'm a freak. Both my parents are werewolves but my mum only had half werewolf blood. What does that make me? At least three quarters!" I exclaim. "Hey now. It'll be okay. You're special and amazing," Charlie replies. Satisfied with his answer, I close my eyes and drift off to sleep. Right before I fall, I hear Charlie whispering something but I can't hear what.