Chapter 8

Cassie's POV
    That evening I get ready for Remus's surprise. I put on the dress shown above and pair it with black leggings and sandals. At 6:50, I start to go up to the astronomy tower. I arrive at 6:58 only to find the tower completely empty. No trace of Remus. Patiently, I sit down to wait.
    At exactly seven, the entire tower begins to light up. Fairy lights strung across the walls, flowers on the ground, and out of nowhere, a table set for two appears. I cover my mouth in surprise. It's beautiful.
    "Hello there beautiful," A voice says from behind me. I turn around to see Remus leaning against the doorway. "Did you do all this?" I ask. "All except the food. I can't cook at all," He says. "It's absolutely perfect!" I exclaim, hugging him. "I'm glad you like it," He says. "I love it!" I exclaim.
    "Let's eat, shall we?" Remus asks. "Okay." I reply. We sit at the table and out of nowhere, spaghetti and garlic bread appear on my plate. Remus and I begin to eat, sharing stories about our day. After we've eaten, Remus waves his wand and music begins to play. He walks over to my seat and holds out a hand. "May I have this dance?" He asks. I giggle. "I can't dance at all," I say. Remus only smiles. "Than I'll teach you," He replies.
    "Just move your feet in a box. One, two, three, four," He says. A few minutes later, we're twirling through the tower. "I'm dancing!" I exclaim. "Well you did have an amazing teacher," Remus says with a wink.
    After dancing for a bit, Remus lays out a blanket, and we lay down on it. Remus uses magic to make the ceiling transparent so that we can look at the stars.
    "The stars are so amazing." I say. "Maybe, but you're eyes put them to shame," Remus says. "That's a lie," I reply. (Five points if someone can tell me the reference) "No, you're eyes are really amazing," Remus says. "Thank you," I say, blushing like mad. Remus laughs. "Don't be embarrassed. Although it is quite cute," He says. This only makes me blush more.
    "This is perfect," Remus says a moment later. "Complete bliss," I agree. Even with an evil wizard on the rise, and with our world on the brink of war, we still find our own happiness. No, correction. We make our own happiness. We don't need it to be handed to us.
    After laying under the stars for a bit longer. I stand up while holding Remus's hand and kiss him. "Until tomorrow, love," He whispers as I walk out of the room.
    When I get to my dormitory, I slip into my pajamas as quietly as possible, because it's late. And as I lay down, I can't stop thinking about Remus and how lucky I am to have him. When I finally get to sleep, I dream of him too.