Chapter 3

Remus's POV

"You wanted to talk to me?" Cassie asks after we're seated at a small table in the back of the kitchen. I nod. "Did I do something to make you angry with me today?" I blurt out. It sounded childish. Cassie immediately looks uncomfortable. "Well- um, it's nothing really," She says. "Cassie, you can tell me," I say to her. She takes a deep breath.
"I use Rosemary shampoo. That's it," She says. It strikes me as odd that it would be troubling her, until I remember potions class. I smelled Rosemary in the love potion.
Well, I already knew that I was attracted to Cassie, but now comes a decision. Do I tell her, or do I play it off like nothing? I don't want to be a coward, but I'm not sure of my feelings for her yet.
"Well, if that's all then," Cassie says, standing up and walking out the door. I missed my chance. Maybe that's a good thing. Or maybe I'm the most cowardly Gryffindor ever.
--------------------Cassie's POV--------------------

I leave the kitchens, blushing and embarrassed. I practically run up to the common room and say the password to the Fat Lady, still blushing.
The Marauders are on the couch, and Molly is in a corner talking with Arthur Weasley. My other friend Alice is with her long time boyfriend; Frank Longbottom. I walk up to the dormitory alone. As I get to the top of the stairs, I hear Remus come in. I hide just around the corner. I know it's wrong, but curiosity got the better of me.
"Did Cassie come in?" Remus asks. All of the Marauders shrug. "No idea, mate," James says. Molly speaks up. "She did. She went up to the dormitory." She says. Remus nods. "Thanks."
"Did you tell her?" James asks excitedly. Tell me what? Just as Remus is about to speak, Molly comes up the steps. She gives me a grin. "Eavesdropping isn't nice Cass," She says. I childishly stick my tongue out at her. 
----------------Remus's POV--------------

    The next day as I'm walking to potions, I see Cassie talking to Liam Jordan. An odd feeling overtakes me. It's like an mixture of anger and sadness. Could I actually be jealous? I mean, Liam looks like he's bored. If I was the one talking to Cassie, I would be interested, not bored! He doesn't deserve her attention! Wait. Where did that come from? I must really fancy Cassie.
When I look back to her again, I see Liam rolling his eyes at something she said while she's not looking. He probably just wants a good snogging. When Cassie finally leaves, the halls have nearly cleared. I walk up to Liam and give him the meanest glare I can muster. "Stay away from Cassie," I growl. To my surprise, Liam looks a bit frightened. "I- I didn't realize-S-Sorry man," He stammers. "Just leave her alone," I say, before walking to potions, trying to figure out how to tell Cassie that I fancy her.
(A/N) I am so so so SO sorry for the very short chapter!