Chapter 10

The next morning marks a week until the full moon, and I wake up feeling awful. However, I decide to get ready and go down to breakfast. I'm so dizzy I hardly make it to the common room without falling. Remus is standing there waiting for me like every other morning. "I'm sorry Cas. I didn't mean to insult you," He says. "It's okay Rem. I'm not mad, just upset at life," I say. So Remus takes my hand and tries to lead me towards the door, but after two steps, I stumble and fall. The last thing I see before drifting away is the marauders standing over me, saying words I don't hear.
    I wake up in the hospital wing. "Is she going to be okay?" Sirius asks. "Don't worry children. It's just one of her bad weeks. She has a few of these throughout the year. It won't be pleasant of course, but she'll be fine," I hear Madame Pomfrey say. "Okay great. Thank you," Remus says. Slowly, I open my eyes and moan. Remus and Madame Pomfrey rush over to me first. "What hurts Cassidy dear?" She asks. "Everything!" I moan. It's true. My head hurts, as does my stomach. All my muscles are sore, and my limbs feel extremely heavy. There's no medicine either, because nobody has invented a potion for werewolves yet.
    I sit in the hospital wing all week, until the day of the full moon comes. I'm extremely sick that day, and at dusk, Remus has to carry me down to the Willow. I lay on the floor for a few minutes before I feel my bones growing and changing and hair sprouts from me. The pain is unbearable, and I begin to scream. A few very painful minutes later, I'm in wolf form, and it's like I can feel my humanity draining away from me. I can hear myself snapping and growling at something, but all I can see is a black blur. I can feel myself moving, but I don't know where or how to stop it. It's like I'm trapped inside myself. I imagine everyone at Hogwarts, dancing the night away and having a good time. Then here I am, stuck in the body of a wolf, not even knowing or being able to control injuring my friends.
    The next thing I know, I'm laying on the floor of the Shrieking Shack, bleeding heavily out of my arm. James, Sirius, Peter and Remus come to stand over me. "Are you okay?" James asks. "Look at my arm and tell me if I'm okay!" I exclaim. I stand up grumbling, and make my way back to the hospital wing, where Madame Pomfrey makes me lie down in a bed, saying I'll have to stay there until the blood replenishing potion works, which takes twenty-four hours for the best results.
    Remus comes in next, and he has many cuts, scratches, and bruises. He doesn't look like he's feeling well. "Lay down Remus while I finish attending to Cassidy," She says. "This spell will take a little while to finish replacing the skin and everything, so make sure not to bother the bandage too much," She says. "Okay," I reply.
    Then she goes to attend to Remus. Madame Pomfrey just gives him a lot of small bandages for the worse cuts. Although he's good to go, he stays with me until Madame Pomfrey kicks him out that night. Although I still feel sick, I fall asleep after a lot of tossing and turning.