♛ Chapter 2

A/N: the rest of the story is told from Aislin's pov. 

♛ Feeling the damp earth under myfeet, I ran hard through her forest. Over wildlife trails, leaping over fallen logs and breathing the crispest, freshest air anywhere, I ran free as my ancestors ran as a wolf. I ran with wild joy pulsing through my veins and pushed myself harder, smelling the marvelous scents of the deer and rabbits, listening to the wind rush by as I increased my speed, and feeling the dappled sunlight fall upon my skin as I dodged trees with the speed of a hurricane.

I was home, my sanctuary that I purchased where two rivers met and clashed and ran together, at first showing the swirling and bubbling turbulence of undertows and violent merging which later led to a stronger river downstream. I was home and finally done with my long planning and research to get revenge on the Monarchy. On the King.

Jumping full speed over a small ravine, I burst into my forest cabin and immediately shifted to my human form. and grabbed a bottled water. Gulping it I looked at my final article I wrote about the Royal Consortium

After over a month's worth of research and writing, I took a deep breath and pressed 'Send', and the latest article exposing Royal research was uploaded onto the news site server. That was it, I was done and I was tired about everything as I absently rubbed the pain in my chest. I felt a few strange emotions, including a feeling like regret as I could see his raging eyes in my mind at the last press conference, his eyes were like electric lava which confused me. Like he could see into my soul, like I was naked in front of him.

And I could see his jaw line, that drifted down his strong neck and shoulders... shaking my head I brought my focus back to my computer. I unclenched my hands and blew out a breath as I hoped he would be raging from the last of my taunting articles and blog updates listing some more of his corporate secrets. The asshat King deserved more, so much more but I was tired of it. I was tired of living this pathetic excuse for a life.

I opened the last email from Kevin and smiled, he and his wife Meadow invited me to their house for the weekend. I needed to see them one last time before I left to return to my father. To return to the pack I had run from.

To return to my childhood home and confront my demons. And maybe put to rest the death of my best friend who was my older brother Amos, the thought of it brought a stabbing pain in my heart. I rubbed my chest again at the pain while the flickers of hatred started again at the thought of his useless death. The useless death in the Royal Guards, another pointless death at the hands of the Monarchy.

But dropping my hand I smiled again thinking of Kevin Patterson, Meadow, and their daughter Krista since they were my second family. Kevin was also my unwitting source of Royal research secrets, he didn't know my bottle of Jack Daniels was my doorway to all the projects the Monarchy was developing. Kevin didn't know all those late night talks were about me prying the threads of secrets that I could follow up with, my friend didn't know I was playing him while getting him drunk.

To them I was Lux Tyler with an invented history and I felt this pang of guilt. But I was also the person who was able to find their kidnapped daughter through my shady channels with my private detective friend 'Shiner', and pay the ransom to get the girl back. I almost died when I dropped off the money and left a bullet in a bleeding asshole kidnapper behind, but I was glad I saved her. I was a hero in their eyes and the girl worshipped me since she saw the whole thing, and I had grown to love them in spite of my treacherous self. I just sighed at my fucked up life.

I would never forgive myself for how I had deceived them, I was absolutely no hero- but I wanted to at least say goodbye to them before I left. I owed them that much, I owed my own black soul that much for the damage I had caused them. And they didn't even know it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I made the long drive back to the city and parked my old truck in front of Kevin's house. I smiled at the memories I had with them, I enjoyed the holidays last year. I made my way to the door and knocked, smiling and waiting to smell all the good food.

Meadow opened the door with a half-smile and invited me in with a gesture. She seemed preoccupied as I followed her to the kitchen, maybe a roast was burning.

I opened my mouth to see if Meadow needed any help, "Hey Meadow, do you need-"

"Hello Aislin," a deep voice behind me said. "Or should I call you Lux?"

I spun around quickly with my heart pounding. "You!" I sputtered and quickly moved away to escape.

A firm hand grabbed my wrist stopping me. "Yes, it's me. Now who are you?"

♛ I hope you enjoyed reading the chapter, I thought Mr. Bouble caught the definite 'naughty' and 'teasing' part of Aislin.  Also the rest of the chapters are longer.

Please vote, comment, and follow- my inner wolf loves it and smiles her goofy smile with her tongue hanging out of her mouth sideways.

Thanks, Olympic Wolf (and I love Green Day's 21 Guns song- you can play as you vote).