♛ Chapter 32

♛ We finally were able to get away to my cabin. Finally! I really missed my time in my little cabin, just being able to sit on the porch and watch the creeks merge and gurgle. I missed the familiar paths through the nearby woods, knowing where the waterholes and waterfalls were, knowing where the breathtaking vistas were. And I couldn't wait to run with Kendrew, although I didn't know how that would work with more than twenty bodyguards.

We pulled up in front of the cabin, just Kendrew and myself- and five more cars of Royal Queen Guards. The regular Royal Guard had arrived a few weeks ago and were stationed throughout the area. Kendrew had purchased some adjoining land and built additional cabins on it for the Guard. He wanted to surround the area and give us at least the illusion of privacy.

I jumped out really excited and ran up on the porch. And looked all around. I then hopped off and ran to the little cliff where the creeks met and just smiled. I closed my eyes and listed to the sounds of the rushing water, and I heard the distant birds, and the rustle of the rabbits in the undergrowth. It was marvelous.

I heard Kendrew approaching and I turned with a huge grin and launched myself into his arms.

"This is so wonderful! Thank you!" I smiled at him, I was just so happy.

His eyes sparkled at my joy and he turned me so we were both looking at the creeks, the meadows, and the woods. "This is your spot, isn't it?"

"Yes, I love it here. I feel free here. I feel alive here." Kendrew turned and kissed me leaving me breathless.

Kendrew nuzzled my neck and I laughed. He said softly into my ear, "You belong with me, anywhere."

I pulled him back and held his face between my hands, "Yes." And I laughed and ran back up the porch and into the cabin. I walked to the room and it looked clean and fresh, someone had dusted the cabin. I walked into the kitchen where Kendrew was making some coffee and put my arms around him.

"Want to go for a run with me?" I asked him hopefully.

Smiling he nodded yes, "After I have a cup of coffee I'd love to." Harding Spense had followed us into the cabin and brought our bags. I went and picked mine up and took it into the bedroom to unpack. I heard him tell the King that his cabin was bigger than this one, and Kendrew simply told him that this was the cabin I loved.

When I was done I came back out and found the King on the front porch sipping his coffee and looking at the creeks. I couldn't stop smiling and sat down on a rocking chair next to him. Frowning slightly, Kendrew said while looking at me, "I made sure there were two rocking chairs now." I reached out and put my hand on his leg in thanks.

Our run a few minutes later was so much fun. Kendrew insisted that he bring some food so he put on a special werewolf backpack that would fit properly when he was in wolf form. I showed him all my favorite spots and I didn't see one guard. I knew they were there, I could even occasionally smell them, but I never saw them once and was grateful. We ran and chased, and I nipped his tail and dashed off only to have him tackle me.

It was heaven. When we got to 'my' waterfall I took a drink then sat there just looking at it. This place was so wild and only a handful of people had ever seen it. Kendrew shifted and put on some shorts, then handed me some a t-shirt and some shorts. I shifted and put them on while he laid out a blanket. Sighing, I walked over and laid down on it, some of the dappled sunlight made everything just perfect.

I loved the smell of the woods, I loved hearing the waterfall in the distance and the buzzing of the different insects. It was a lazy afternoon and I breathed deeply and simply relaxed. Kendrew was smiling as he took out some food, he brought some pasta salad, a fruit salad, some bread and cheeses, some water and some of his wine. Turning on my side I got up on my elbow and just watched him.