♛ Chapter 22

♛ I lifted myself up on my elbows and frowned at him. "What?"

"Tell me your secrets," he said as he nibbled on the back of my neck.

"I don't really have any Kendrew. You know my whole life." After I said the words I realized that I lied. I'm such a liar.

"We'll start with your bank account then."

Crap. "What about your secrets?" I fired back at him.

"I'm an open book, love, I have no secrets from you. Ask any questions and I'll answer them." I already had the answers I was looking for. Except for one thing, one forbidden thing.

Gritting my teeth I replied, "It's an Imperial Bank account, the details are in a book in my drawer here."

"How much is in it?"

I thought for a moment. "About sixty-thousand now. I've made a few bets with Shiner, but he won't bet with me any longer since I keep winning."

"Talk to me about any future betting, Aislin. That's very naughty of you since you know I don't approve." Kendrew reached over and slowly rubbed my ass. I clenched my ass in response, it still hurt.

"How much information did your 'security consultant' get for you?"

I huffed out another breath. "Shouldn't you interrogate me over dinner at least? I'm starving."

Laughing lightly, Kendrew agreed. "I'll get you a robe and have dinner sent up. Your punishment will continue while you sit on your bright red ass during dinner." I hadn't thought about it, I could always stand up.

Dinner was wheeled in and we sat in our robes and ate at a small table by the window. The same window I wanted to jump out of earlier. I couldn't help but squirm a little, there was no escaping the pain from the bruising the spankings gave me. I would heal quick but would suffer until that happened.

Kendrew asked me about everything he had questions about. He now knew my security plans and had me bring him out my prized maps that had been rolled up in a boot which outlined his security weaknesses. He said he'd show them to Spense later but to continue telling him all my little secrets.

"One more thing, Aislin. At your last press conference why didn't you say what the 'Byrne' project was?"

I looked at him as I cut up my steak and took a bite, he was enjoying my 'full disclosure' a little too much. But my eyes twinkled a little with mischief as I answered, "I was done, Kendrew. I asked the question and realized that I didn't want to play our little game anymore. I was going to reveal your breakthroughs in robotics technology, but at the last minute I realized I simply couldn't reveal one of your most favorite projects. That's all there was to it, our little public tête-à-têtes weren't fun anymore."

Smiling Kendrew took a drink of wine, clearly enjoying my discomfort and new-found honesty. "You've done well, Aislin. Me and my wolf needed this, you've put us through quite a lot these last few months." Kendrew put his arm on the table and leaned toward me.

"And when you think of more things to tell me I want you to do it right away. I feel like I'm peeling an onion with you, and there's always more that I have to drag out of your tightly wound core. I want you to freely tell me things, Aislin. I want you to come with me when you are distressed or feeling resentful. I need absolute honesty between us. I know there's a great deal you're not telling me yet."

I squirmed a little bit more in my seat and sat back, I didn't think I could be that honest. And I'd tell him my secrets but not all right now, especially my most secret ones. Especially not the ones I had late at night when he was sleeping next to me and I watched his beautiful face, and I watched his beautiful body. "You know it's not easy for me."