♛ Chapter 25

♛ The next day I walked to my office with Harding Spense quickly on my heels. I was still reeling about my big 'reveal' to Kendrew about my baby brother.

"What?" I bit out testily.

"I've been instructed to escort you in the Palace and on the grounds today, my Queen."

"Well fuck off." I quickly turned around and went back to my room. I opened a window and lowered myself to the ground with a rope I had prepared. Oops I forgot to tell Kendrew-my-confessor about it. Sighing I realized that I would have to tell him, and I might as well start a list. Looking around at a few guards sprinkled around the garden I realized he'd find out soon enough. But I made my way into the Palace through a side door and made it to my office just fine.

Lyda followed me in and I pinched the bridge of my nose between my index finger and thumb, and told her to cancel any appointments I had today. She told me that the King had already ordered that. I nodded to her and left the room, she started to ask me where I was going but I simply held out my hand to her and she shut up. I made my way to the Armory before Harding Spense caught up with me while I was throwing my knives.

"The old rope-through-the-window trick Your Highness? Not very original." I turned and aimed my knife right for his eye. I was so, so tempted and he stopped and became quite still.

"I'm going to tell you this only once, Harding Spence. You are to leave me alone now. Do you understand?"

Harding showed his better judgment and dropped to his knees and bared his neck. "My Queen, I have a direct order from the King to keep you company all day." I turned and walked to the women's locker room and climbed out that window. At least it was on the first floor. I noticed the nearby guards talking into their wrists and just sighed. I then walked into the forest and there was an instant flurry of activity. I didn't shift, I didn't run, I simply walked into the forest.

I was immediately surrounded by members of my Queen's Guard, I recognized several of the warriors who had beaten the shit out of me. I stood before them and pinched the bridge of my nose with my fingers again and just tried to calm my breaths.

I simply asked them, "Explain."

The squad leader stepped forward and bowed formally. "Your Highness, we have orders from the King to make sure you are always escorted on the Palace grounds."

I simply turned around and went back to the Palace. I then marched right to Kendrew's office, and Jonathan stood up and tried to block my way. I just growled at him and easily shoved him aside and started to puch open the door.

"What is the..." I said and finished opening the door while my voice trailed off. I heard a beautiful dark-haired female she-wolf saying to Kendrew in a sexy voice, "C'mon, King baby. For old time's sake? We can take off for a few days."

WTF?? WTF?? WTF?? I saw that the she-bitch wore a brilliant blue short dress and was holding one arm around Kendrew's head pulling him down and kissing him and one hand rubbing his cock through his pants. This was definitely not a relative.

My wolf immediately leaped forward with a deadly growl and took control of the situation before it even registered in my mind fully. Before I could even blink I held the she-wolf up off the floor by my right hand, strangling her and crushing her throat. I was only 5'6" but I lifted her up off the floor like she was a mere pup.

My wolf just kept shouting 'kill', 'kill', 'kill' in my head as she kept growling the low death growl and I was still in shock but trying to gain control. My eyes were full-blown red which had rarely happened before and meant my wolf was homicidal, my claws were fully extended and cut into the muscles in her throat. My wolf wanted to kill her slowly to prolong the torture. Kendrew was yelling something at me and jumped around to pry my hand off, he was succeeding but it was slow going.