♛ Chapter 7

♛ Meeting Kendrew's mother wasn't what I expected. Apparently the word had already spread in the Palace about the King's new mate, and when we walked downstairs that first morning the King let me out of the room- she was there to pounce on me.

"Hello mother," Kendrew said as he walked up to her and kissed her cheek. She didn't even spare him a glance as she kept her eyes on me. Kendrew just smiled at her and pulled me up to his side and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Mother, I'd like to introduce you to my mate Aislin Braddock."

I automatically bowed to the Queen but she immediately brought my head up with her fingers under my chin, then let me go. "Hello dear, I'm glad to finally meet you."

Kendrew explained why the Queen lifted my chin, "You're now my Consort and the same rank so you don't need to bow to my mother."

"Oh," I said then got some of my wits back. "It's nice to meet you my Queen." I didn't know exactly how to address her.

"Please call me Arabeth, and I'll set something up for lunch so we can get to know each other better."

Nodding to her slowly I responded, "That sounds nice, thank you."

"Well mother, we have a lot that needs done right now."

His mother finally turned to look at her son and smiled at him. "Yes Kendrew," is all she said as she turned to study me again and left the room.

I let out a huge breath that I'd been holding as I was being studied and judged. I still didn't know if I met with her approval, but I was just myself and it would have to do.

Kendrew then took my hand and started to give me a tour of the Palace. He wound up walking to his office where he had three assistants and a Secretary in the 'outer office', which opened up to his large 'inner office'.

When Kendrew walked in the room, all the assistants stood up and bowed their heads. Kendrew just ignored them but said to the room, "At ease, go back to what you were doing." He then turned to Jonathan and introduced us. His secretary was named Jonathan and seemed to run a tight ship. Jonathan sized me up and it appeared that I came up a little 'short' which I found slightly amusing.

Yet after meeting the man for only a moment I decided we would always be adversaries, he seemed oddly possessive of Kendrew. Smiling a little wickedly at the man I couldn't help but tell him, "I look forward to seeing how well you run his schedule." The little man just nodded his head and gave me an odd assessing look, then sat down and went back to work totally ignoring me.

The King's office was spectacular. It was on the second floor, and he had an entire wall made of glass which looked out over the back gardens. They were simply breathtaking and I walked over to look out.

"Kendrew, the grounds are exquisite!" I said as I smiled at him. He smiled back and came up to pull me into an embrace.

"Hmmm, I know what else is 'exquisite'," and he turned me around and lowered his head for a wonderful, long kiss. I moaned in his mouth and pulled his head down so I could kiss him harder.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few days later I found myself sitting in another boring meeting regarding some trade treaties between some packs in Canada and France. The Royal Consortium spanned the globe and was much more intensive than I had gathered. Which was a good thing I didn't know or I would have pissed off Alphas all over the globe.