♛ Chapter 5

♛ I woke up later to the smell of coffee- again. I took a deep breath as I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I felt soft sheets, and the best pillow and mattress I've ever slept on. I slowly moved my arms and legs, stretching out slightly. Ouch! My neck hurt and my memories quickly rushed in as I put my hand to my neck. I could definitely feel the bite marks. Damn it!

I shakily lifted myself up slightly on my elbows and looked around the room. God it was magnificent, deep earth tones and I was in a huge bed in what looked like silk sheets. The headboard was ornate and swirling with Celtic patterns outlined in gold. The bedspread was the Royal green, burgundy, and blue plaid, as was the wall paper. Shit, I was in the Royal Palace, which was a mansion outside of New York. Everyone knew about it, but I refused to ever go in it since I would have been arrested.

After that one time I snuck in when I was practicing my 'skills' and was almost caught, but that was a long time ago. I'd become more 'seasoned' with experience.

Hearing a slight sound I looked over to my left shoulder to see 'him' at a desk working on a computer. Without looking at me he said, "You're finally awake."

Well fuck him, and what the hell? And that's when I noticed I was still naked. Apparently in his bed now. I plopped back down and stared at the ceiling. I couldn't even think of escape plans since he could read my damn mind. Crap!

"Would you like some coffee Aislin Braddock?" I heard the King walk over to me as I just kept staring at the ceiling. I felt the bed dip down beside me as his huge form came into view. This felt a little like déjà vu from last time. I tried not to look at him, but that damn mate bond made it hard. I refused to get lost in his enticing smell which was truly drool-worthy. God! In other circumstances I would find him attractive, his chiseled jaw had a shadow of a beard and his hazel eyes almost seemed amber in some lights.

I simply didn't know how to respond, this situation wasn't in any of my countless scenarios I'd ever envisioned. Never in a million years did I think I would be naked in the King's bed. With an angry King next to me. As my mate. I was screwed and simply speechless. But I did need to pee, which was my immediate concern.

I heard him chuckle as he stood up and pointed to a door at the end of the large room. "The bathroom is there, and when you're done we can talk." He reached down and then held up a robe for me to wear. I looked at it, then him, and hesitantly reached for it while holding the sheet up.

"Oh, no. You need to get out of bed and I'll wrap this around you." What the hell? The perv wanted to see me, asshat. I was getting closer to my boiling point and I gritted my teeth.

"I've already seen all of you, I need you to get up and I'll wrap the robe around you." I really needed to pee so I slowly got out of bed in all my naked glory while my cheeks burned red with shame. I noticed that he looked at my tattoo on my hip, damn the man.

"You're so beautiful, mate," he said seductively as he stepped closer and put the robe around my shoulders and threaded my arms in it, then trailing his fingers slowly down my arms over the robe causing those god damn tingly sparks. He took his sweet time wrapping me in it, then tying the belt. I glared at him and tried not to punch him in the face, my breathing speeding up. The last few days had pushed me to my limits also.

When he finally completed his wrapping, I took a step back and shouted, "I'm not your mate, I can't be your mate! It's impossible!" and backed away a few steps fuming. The whole situation was an insult, and I was furious that my body wanted him. Could he be my mate though? But there's no way I was letting him touch me, and I needed my body to believe it. But there was this new... attraction and pull that wasn't there before. My rejections of him were starting to actually cause me a little bit of pain in my chest, and I started to rub in between my breasts to make the pain go away. Ouch, and my wolf whined at my disrespect, what the hell?