♛ Chapter 35

*this music is in Russian, Aida Nikolaychuk sings 'Lullaby'

♛ The wild wind blew my fur around, almost caressing and stroking it as the cold weather was ignored. The weather didn't matter since communication with my people was through the World Link. I stood tall next to my King, we both stood under a half-moon on a barren hill of stone, looking over the field of carnage. It had taken me years and two more pups to convince Kendrew of this action, the need to prevent wars on the battlefields along with diplomacy.

Or at least end them on the battlefield.

Kendrew just told me that he couldn't bear to lose me.

But I vigorously fought for the right to stand next to my King and stop the wasted lives of war, stop the violence no matter the risks. The final argument which decided in my favor was when I told Kendrew that I felt like a coward, afraid to stand on principle because I might get hurt.

Kendrew had vowed I would never get hurt.

The previous night Kendrew had whispered to me that I was his 'warrior Queen', so brave and so much changed from the little thief he had first met. I disagreed, I was still the little thief- only I had healed. I now lived the life I wanted to live, a life of authenticity that I could show our pups, our children. So they would know what it was like to live free with an equal partner, a loving mate.

I finally was living a life I was proud of.

This healing, this miracle was love of course, but not just the love of a mate-although that helped save me- but it was the ability to learn to value myself enough to heal past wounds. Fight to know and learn to believe in my higher self.

And right now Kendrew 'linked' to the thousands of wolves who were forcibly kneeling on this freezing, remote Ukraine plain in the middle of the night. Kendrew had blood coating his fur, it wasn't his but he had to kill the two Alphas who insisted on waging this useless war. He killed them in front of their own packs, in front of everyone in his fury. Diplomacy had failed spectacularly, both Alpha's were consumed by blood-lust and the greed over territory while their male warriors were forced to fight- or their families would be killed. Both Alphas were tyrannical with documented abuse spanning decades. Kendrew had enough of their brutality and killed them both swiftly and with more mercy than they had shown others.

I watched as he simply charged into both camps one after the other and ripped the heads off the Alphas with his eyes glowing red. He had warned both of them very clearly, and they both ignored him. To their peril, to their deaths.

His eyes now glowed amber and he was 'death incarnate', he was Wolf. Primal and forcing everyone to freeze where they were and kneel before him. Each wolf had keenly felt the loss of their own Alpha, but continued fighting until Kendrew ran to the top of the rocky outcrop next to me and sent his waves of Royal King Power over them, subduing all of them to his will, forcing them to stop. Our Guard and warriors from neighboring supportive packs were behind and beside us, mostly to keep me safe. I conceded that point to make Kendrew happy, I knew I could take care of myself- even in a battlefield.

"Listen mutts! Look at your fallen leaders, are they brave now? Who among you wish to fight now? Who among you wish to die now? For death awaits anyone who wants to continue fighting." Kendrew paused for effect. "A temporary council will be set up in each pack with my chosen leaders who will help you to rebuild your packs, will help you choose real leaders who will teach you how to govern yourselves, demand basic rights of safety, equal rights among all including females, and show you how to forge a new type of relationship with other packs that doesn't involve bloodshed or torture.