♛ Chapter 34

♛ Why was I so nervous? Considering everything I'd gone through this past year, considering my life has taken a 180-degree turn from where I thought I'd be, considering... just everything. This wedding had taken on a life of it's own.

We arrived on Kendrew's yacht, the world tour was a lot of work but was also a lot of fun. We went to the major European capitals, and we often woke up in a whole new country. I'd never traveled before and I loved tasting all the different kinds of food, seeing the different types of clothes, and I loved spending time with Kendrew as he pointed out all the sights.

I loved him so much and he made sure I was well rested, and he made sure Langdon was taken care of perfectly. We hired an older nanny, but I made sure to spend the bulk of my time with my baby. He was so beautiful! And messy and fussy and not sleeping and all the things babies did, and I loved him with my whole heart. I loved both of my guys.

So here I was getting ready to walk down a silly aisle to my mate to show the world we were a couple. An official couple. I loved the cruise, but this ceremony was just ridiculous.

And then I started to walk down the aisle with my father and I saw my mate. Good god he took my breath away! His dark brown hair waved slightly in the small breeze, and his dark grey tuxedo almost seemed to shine in the sunlight. His matching waistcoat accented his slim waist and he had a dusty rose carnation in his buttonhole to match my dress.

I was speechless and paralyzed as I realized this amazing man was all mine.

I came to my senses when I heard my father whisper to me, "Come on baby girl, it's time for you to get married." I looked up at him and he was smirking but supportive, humor winked in his eyes. And I made my feet start moving as I stared at Kendrew's handsome smile while my matching smile was so wide it hurt my face. I was just so happy.

We were married on a perfect late afternoon in Greece on top of a hill looking over the ocean. The breeze was light, the flowers were amazing, the sky was inviting and many of the guests were half drunk since the whole thing had an open bar.

Logan sat in the front row on my mother's lap, it was a fight between grandmothers- although my mother cheated and hid away with me holding Langdon until right before the ceremony. Kendrew took my hand and kissed it, and I heard the sighs of a dozen she-wolves and just smirked. He was all mine. We exchanged our short vows promising to love each other, and Kendrew kissed me hard the way I liked it. And I kissed him back the same way.

We turned around to look at the large crowd as our Priestess said in a loud voice, "Everyone please welcome Mr. and Mrs. Highland!" Clapping broke out and hoots of congratulations were shouted as we walked back down the aisle to the ballroom in the mansion we were staying at. Rice flew and we practically ran inside to start the party.

Kendrew and I stood at our places and accepted congratulations, Kendrew in his dark grey tux and tails, and I was wearing my beautiful dusty rose wedding gown. I saw both grandmothers walking around with Langdon who was no longer breastfeeding, and Harding Spense was assigned to protect him today. I also saw Kendrew's grandmother looking proud and talking to some older women animatedly. I didn't see Grandfather Asshat but knew he was around somewhere causing trouble.

It was a huge and fancy affair. After we talked to about a thousand people we moved to the huge and glittering dining hall. I held Kendrew's hand and he didn't let go.

Kissing my knuckles Kendrew smiled at me and my heart melted. "I love you," he said with love shining in his eyes.

I looked at him with my heart in my own eyes, "I'm in love with you too," I responded surprised my mouth could form the words. Or that I could think at all.