s e v e n

HONESTLY NATE IS SUCH A GIRL. Delilah and Nate had been in line for The Walking Dead maze and Nate was trying to make up excuses to get out of line and never come back in. But Delilah wasn't having any of his stuff, especially when she knew how good this maze was going to be.

"I might have to use the restroom." Nate said while walking forward in the line. Delilah rolled her eyes playfully and lightly pushed him.

"Stop being a grandpa. It's going to be fun.  And don't forget I got you ice cream." She said and felt her phone vibrate.

"You're not gonna let that down are you?" Nate asked seeing Delilah search through her purse. She looked up and smiled.

"Nope." She found her phone and looked at who was trying to contact her. Mommy is calling. Her mom? She rarely calls her while Delilah's at the park.

"Hello." Delilah answered sending a sad smile to Nate. "Mom what's wrong?"

"Honey, how are you? It's been a while. Why don't you ever call anymore." Her mom's voice booms through the phone. 

"Mom, you know I work during this time." Delilah tells her protective mother. The line moves up and Delilah walks forward.

"Sweetheart, I have to tell you something." Mom says. Delilah immediately gets worried. "Mom, what's wrong?"

And then her mother screams,"HEY THERE DELILAH WHAT'S IT LIKE IN NEW YORK CITY." Really, really?

"Mom, what the heck?! You could have made me go deaf!" Delilah screams while putting the phone back to her ear. Nate chuckles from hearing Delilah's mom sing the song to her.

"Honey, I'mmm sorry. You're daddd bouggghht some beeerr and now wee cann'tt stoop. Jared, stop." Delilah's mother is drunk and probably going to get some tonight.

"Mom I'm gonna hang up now." She tells her.

"Sugar pie, get back to bed!" Delilah heard her dad yell from the phone. Delilah's eyes go wide.

"Bye mom!" She hangs up the phone. She sighs for the headache now coming along.

"So those are you're parents I'm guessing." Nate asks her and she nods.

"Yup, they do that sometimes and I always fall for her joke that she makes. My parents are alcoholics." Delilah rubs her head and sighs for the third time. Nate laughs and walks closer to her.

"At least, they are having fun by themselves." Nate says and rubs her back. The two approach the half way to the line and walk across the side to the other part of the long line.

"I just need a vacation." Delilah says looking around hearing the music and hearing the screams from inside the black tarp. It got really dark and you can barely see anything. So Delilah wrapped her arm through Nate's. Nate smiled and held her close.