e i g h t

DELILAH WALKS THE STREET a Starbucks cup in her right hand and her left hand clutching her jacket closely to her body. The New York weather was something Delilah hasn't grown accustom to for the past two years living in the cold state.

She walks on the sidewalk passing all the store that seem to be overpriced and unneeded for the young beauty. She walks with her head held high and her posture straight, something her mother told her to do since a young girl.

Delilah looks around to see all the Christmas decorations lighting up the city. People walked with bags in hand, possibly last minute shopping. And with a partner by their side.

Seeing this made Delilah smile. In such a short time, Delilah had meet someone she can spend Christmas with and have it enjoyable. She was grateful of finding someone like Steve. He had his priorities straight, his future bright, and he seemed to really like Delilah.

Despite the age gap, Delilah liked Steve. A lot. And it wasn't like the age gap was so big.

She walks across the street on the crosswalk and onto the next street. She smiles when the little coffee shop comes into view. She smiles to herself as she passes by and is thankful that she decided to get coffee from that shop that day.

Delilah continues to walk until she reaches her apartment complex, that her parents help buy, and enter the building. With a smile thrown to the doorman, she enters the complex and is greeted by Christmas music and the sea of people.

She walks up to the front counter, where the concierge by the name of Natasha greets her. Her black hair and dark lipstick is the things that Delilah notices.

"Hello, Delilah. Nice coffee run?" She says while looking up from her computer. Delilah senses her sarcasm but ignores it.

"Why yes I did. Do I have any mail?" Delilah asks politely and sees Natasha smile.

"Unfortunaly not, but their is a present waiting for you at your apartment." Confused, Delilah thanks the woman and goes up to her room. She exits the elevator and turns to the hallway of her room.

Once she reaches it, she notices petals on the floor outside the door. She has a feeling of who the culprit might be, but she doesn't want to jinx it. Opening the door with her key she hears music once inside her home.

The lights are dim and candles are scattered around her apartment. The rose petals lead a trail. She sees the music player and notices it played on repeat. Delilah follows the trail. Putting down her coffee and taking off her jacket.

But, she notices a jacket all to familiar on her couch. A men's jacket.

The trail ends at the foot of the door of her bedroom. Breathing deeply she opens it.

Delilah grabs Nate's hand as they walk together towards The Transformers Ride. The line said ten minutes and looked pretty short. Nate smiled as Delilah flipped her hair to the back and she winked towards him.