s e v e n t e e n

S E V E N T E E N

IT WAS NEVER ABOUT LOVE. To Delilah it was always about moving forward and not looking back. It was always about moving along places, seeing new landscapes, meeting new people. But maybe this time was different for her. She felt angst of her doing this night. She felt unwell about herself for doing this to people for so long.

Steve wasn't the first one she had done it to. There was others in the past that she had thrown away in her long lost memories, deep in her memory. But she didn't care for them anymore or even feel regret for the hearts she had broken. And Nate wasn't going to be the last one, she knew herself better than anyone else and she knew she was going to do it again. And she felt sad for herself.

But right in this moment she felt her heart breaking as Nate refused to look at her. She tried to reach and grab his hand she had grown accustom to holding, but he yanked it away from her and kept walking forward. She knew this was punishment for all the wrong she had done before. But she didn't realize that it would be this heartbreaking and unwanted in her soul.

Nate felt bad for acting this way towards Delilah without telling her anything, but he was angry--no he was vexed. He kept thinking and thinking about what Steve had told him, examining his tone he used, like he knew this was going to happen all along. And Nate was irritated at himself for putting Delilah in this situation.

Delilah was finally fed up with what's ever going on with Nate and spoke up, "Okay. What the hell is your problem?" She asked him and pulled on his shoulder to stop walking and turn towards her small frame. It was nearly time to leave and Delilah wanted to clear this bad-blood.

Nate stood still with his hands in his pockets and rolled his shoulders back looking tense. Delilah stood in front of him with a confused face, and Nate was calm and agitated. People were heading for the exit reminiscing about their adventurous day at the park, while the couple stood still in the middle of the road.

"I don't have a problem. I just wanna find my friends and go home." Nate spoke with hardly any tone in his voice. Delilah stood still with hurt.

"So that's it?" She asked him. She blew her fallen stands out of her face and wrapped her arms tight around her body as the wind grew stronger and colder. Nate looked around and puffed out air from his lungs.

"I guess so. You can go back with Steve." Nate said as he began to walk away from Delilah. She wrinkled her face with confusion and turned to run up to him. She ran in front of him causing him to stop walking.

"Go back to Steve? Didn't I tell you what happened. That I got out when I could." Delilah spoke reaching for his hand. He pulled back and a look a disgust washed over his face.

"Did you tell me the truth? 'Cause I heard you got dumped by him not the other way around." He stated.

"Where did you hear that?" She asked.

"Where do you think?" Nate responded back to her. Delilah was searching in her head who could have spoken to him while she was gone. And only one person came to her mind.

"Look, whatever Steve told you isn't true. He just wants to hurt you and me. This is just a game he's playing." Delilah tried to tell him, but Nate wasn't listening.

"Really? So you didn't sleep with his bestfriend?" He asked with his arms crossed around his chest. Delilah closed her eyes, she can feel the tears begin to pool around the corner of her eyes.

"Look, that was...that was different--" She got cut off by Nate.

"Was it different? I see it as cheating. I'm done Delilah, I can't...I can't be around you anymore. I'm sorry, hopefully we see each other again in the future." Nate said as his voice faded out. Delilah was shaking her head side to side with her eyes closed hoping this wasn't happening to her.

"No, no...no Nate it was a long time ago. We can't end the night like this please." Delilah said as she tried to get him to change his mind and take her back.

"I'm sorry Delilah. I really thought you were different from the others. I really did. Have a good life Delilah." Nate said as he walked up to her and closed his eyes and bent his head down and kissed the side of her temple.

She leaned into his touch hoping to feel his warm body next to hers, and felt his lips touch her head and as she opened her eyes again he was gone. She looked and looked, but only saw darkness. Delilah wrapped her arms around herself and walked away.

Delilah wiped her tears from her face and smiled. She retrieved her phone from her bag and dialed. She fixed her hair while passing the window shop and put on some of her lipstick pulled from her purse.

"Hey babe."

"Hey, can you come pick me up? I'm done here." She said as she plucked her lips and winked at the guy staring at her ass.

"Sure. Meet me at the entrance. Oh, and how did this one go?"

"It went better than the ones before. I actually liked this one." She whined into the phone and can feel him smiling on the other side of the speaker.

"He was too douchy."

"Shut up and come pick me up." Delilah said as she began to walk towards the front. She hung up the phone and placed it back in her purse. She stood by the front entrance to wait for her person to pick her up and she can go home and never come back.

She turned away from the entrance when she heard a familiar whistle come from behind her and smiled.

"Damn, I forgot how sexy you are." He said as he grabbed her from the waist and urged his lips against hers. They were entangled within in each other and put their hands everywhere they can, as if no one was watching. Until they finally had to breathe.

"Let's go." He said and she silently obeyed.

(unedited)

author's note

i have no idea what the hell i just wrote. but this is the end. i will have a epilogue and it will be really bad cause i want to finish this and start on my other ones. but Delilah was cray and i loved her and i destroyed her character but it's meant to be like that.

anyways, thank you so much for all the reads and votes it really means a lot to me cause this is what i want to do for a living to be a writer, and i know i suck but i will become better.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

stay healthy, love you