Opposites Attract

Perrie

I straightened my SnapBack on my head, ruffling the rest of my straightened hair softly with my hand. I grabbed my small stack of textbooks and shoved them into my messenger bag, slinging it over my shoulder and heading out of my house. As I tromped down my drive towards my car, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye.

My new neighbors.

I saw a girl who looked to be around my age heaving a box into her house, very obviously struggling with it. She nearly tripped over the grooves in the pavements, regaining her bearings shakily. Her long brown hair fell loosely over her shoulders in small curls, a pair of glasses pushed up the bridge of her small nose.

 Her long brown hair fell loosely over her shoulders in small curls, a pair of glasses pushed up the bridge of her small nose

She looks like she needs some help.

I trotted over to her quickly, lightly tapping her shoulder.

"Oh... Hello... Who... Are... You?" She said, taking brisk, heavy breaths between each word.

"I'm your new neighbor. You looked like you needed some help." I explained, grabbing the box from her arms.

"Thank you, but aren't you going to run late for school?"

"I'll get you there quicker if I help. Where does this box go?" I asked, shifting the box around in my arms.

"Kitchen. Walk through the first open doorway on the right when you walk in."

"Okay." I nodded, walking towards her house.

"Wait." She stopped me. I turned around on my heel and looked at her. "I never got your name."

"Perrie. Perrie Edwards." I laughed, turning back around and taking the box into her house.

~*~*~*~

"Perrie, what's up with you?" My best friend, Leigh-Anne asked me, having caught me staring off into space.

"My new neighbor moved in." I clarified.

"Somebody's crushing on the new girl." She snickered.

"I am not. Calm yourself, woman." I chuckled, absentmindedly swatting my hand at her.

"Sure. That's why you're checking her out, isn't it?"

I groaned and glared at her, thoroughly prepared to punch her in the face.

"I said, I'm not crushing on her!" I said through gritted teeth, my blood pumping furiously throughout my body.

"Alright, alright. Calm down. I didn't mean to offend you."

"I'm sorry I got worked up. It's not really like me now is it?"

She shook her head and chuckled, returning her eyes to her textbook. I, on the other hand, was still watching the new girl. I ended up driving her to school, but I never got her name.